AT EM7's - Porta Corda MKII - n'more!
post-216356
Post #16 of 22

scrypt

Head-Fi's Sybil
Reaction score
Just rectified the full mailbox scenario.

Anyway, Andrew, here's hoping the first reply wins. We're *both* the best men (unless somebody else beat us both).

-----------------------

Re your "first to post" scenario: Buyer queue is determined by first PM and first e-mail, not by first post. Thus you can't be certain which of us was first to PM and e-mail. We have to take the seller's word on that.

Also: I know you didn't mean any harm, but I think it's bad form to announce oneself the winner. The seller is the only person who should do that and doesn't normally give the name of the winner in this forum.

post-219540
Post #17 of 22

Andrew Pielet

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
My Bad everyone, silly me thought I got these headphones due to my first post on the 'for sale' thread, and the sellers reply to me 2 minutes afterwords. That was not true, it had to do with when the seller received his first e-mail. Personally, I think this is an inconsistant way to sell items on the board, since we all know e-mail could be delayed, and for people like me, who don't have a computer, we just post on this board. Anywho, Live and learn, sorry for lying to everyone.

post-219756
Post #18 of 22

kerelybonto

doo-di-doo-di-dum doo-di-dum doo-di-doo-di-dum
Reaction score
Everyone does it a bit differently, Andrew. You and I, and apparently Pepsione1 PMed linnem before scrypt emailed him, but it's just how he chooses to do it.

kerely

post-219969
Post #19 of 22

scrypt

Head-Fi's Sybil
Reaction score
Not to worry, Andrew. It isn't a matter of your "lying" but of misunderstanding. This isn't an auction. The buyer can even back out if they like and there's nothing we can or should do.

The reason to buy from people in this forum is because we wish to support good will among friends. No seller on ebay will ever demonstrate the thoughtfulness and post-sale care of most people on Head-fi. Just today, FC, the gentleman who sold me my 831s, offered me a full refund if I didn't like them. How many people on ebay or audiogon would go that far for me? The answer: not many, if any. While they might prove friendly, I cannot count such sellers as friends.

Don't beat yourself up, Andrew. Keep it in perspective.

post-220191
Post #20 of 22

mbriant

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Quote:

Send mail to mlinneke@yahoo.no

linnem mentioned "sending mail" in his very first paragraph.

Quote:

You and I, and apparently Pepsione1 PMed linnem before scrypt emailed him, but it's just how he chooses to do it.

How does anyone except linnem know who emailed/PM'd him first? Posting " I sent you an email/PM" could mean "I sent you an email/PM this minute" or it could mean " I sent you an email yesterday/earlier this morning/an hour ago, etc.

post-220206
Post #21 of 22

linnem

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
There are two things to be told here:

1) The post said to e-mail me, and Scrypt did that first.
2) My mail to Andrew was not as clear as it should have been. My mistake...

-and yes, it was pretty annoying to get tons of PM's from Andrew when you could not reply, but it has been cleared up.

post-220233
Post #22 of 22

scrypt

Head-Fi's Sybil
Reaction score
This on-line witch trial has to end because, like every other witch trial, it's being conducted at the intersection of Suspicion and Disinformation.

My other name used to be Tweertinelle. Any moderator can tell you I'm not permitted to use that name to post. However, I can't log onto Head-fi on my work computer using Scrypt due to my posts under that name being slightly too controversial. Hence I am Tweertinelle the lurker -- capable of PMs but not posts -- between 11:45 p.m. and 8:45 a.m., New York time. It takes me about an hour to get home after that, at which time I can post as Scrypt to mention I sent someone an e-mail or PM a great deal earlier.

Ironically, my strange hours, which usually result in my *losing out* to the rest of you for various pieces of equipment, are precisely what gave me an edge with linnem, who lives in Norway.

It is really out of line for people to say things such as "apparently so-and-so and I were first in line but linnem chose Scrypt anyway" because (a) it's not your place to say that and (b) you don't have all the information. I e-mailed and PM'd first because linnem says so -- that should be enough. But since it isn't, then understand what I've told you: that I had a considerable advantage (for once) because of my strange hours but had to e-mail and PM privately during that time.

Only the sellers can know that. The rest of you can't.

I actually PM'd a few of you from work last night so you'd get the picture. I've been unable to PM Andrew for days because his box is full.

I don't want any more angry e-mails, accusatory messages or any of the rest of it. I've played fair. Everyone else should do the same.

This forum has been a great place for fair and friendly training. Let's not ruin it for everyone else. If we can drop this incident and begin again as friends, that would be great. Everybody makes mistakes, so you're entitled to yours. Thanks in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)