Asus xonar essence st+schiit asgard or schiit bitfrost+ schiit asgard
Sep 5, 2012 at 10:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Minkypou

100+ Head-Fier
I need to know if I really need to buy a new dac to combine with schiit Asgard or the asus xonar dac combine with schiit asgard is good?. I already have my sound card. Putting money in a bitfrost worth? thx for help.  * sorry for my english, im not very good! :D*
dt880smile.png
 ( for hd 598 and ultrasone pro 900)

Sep 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #2 of 5
Quote:
I need to know if I really need to buy a new DAC to combine with Schiit Asgard or the Asus Xonar DAC combine with Schiit Asgard is good?. I already have my sound card. Putting money in a Bifrost worth? thx for help.  * sorry for my english, I'm not very good! :D*
dt880smile.png
 ( for HD 598 and Ultrasone pro 900)

Which sound card are you currently using?

If you already have a Schiit Asgard headphone amplifier, then the Asus Xonar DX or D1 sound card would do.

Sep 5, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #3 of 5
confused_face(1).gif
 Lol >< now i have the xonar essence st on my computer. ( i have only this, i dont have any additional dac or amp on my hands.) i want to try the asgard amp, what i want to know, i need to buy another dac to combine with my futur asgard? or i can stay with the dac on the xonar essence st?

Sep 5, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
confused_face(1).gif
 Lol >< now i have the Xonar essence st on my computer. ( I have only this, I don't have any additional DAC or amp on my hands.) i want to try the Asgard amp, what i want to know, i need to buy another DAC to combine with my futur Asgard? or i can stay with the DAC on the Xonar essence st?

I would say for now just hook up the Schiit Asgard to the RCA outputs on the Essence ST.
The Essence ST's DAC (PCM1792A) is fairly good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back