Asus Xonar DG[x] question.
May 19, 2015 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

bombshine

New Head-Fier
I recently bought a Asus Xonar Dgx with a Superlux 668b, but every time i try to use it with 6/8 channels and with dolby headphone mode on it sound like i am inside a well and music and voice chat sounds terrible, is that meant to sound like that or i have a bad sound card?

May 19, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #2 of 32
Did you disable the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS, before installing the Xonar DGX or the Asus software?
What sources are you trying to get 6/8 channels of audio from?

May 20, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #4 of 32
Most music is not meant to work as 6/8 channels. It's typically two channels. So many of us find that virtual surround of any kind makes music files sound worse.

May 20, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #5 of 32
No, i dint disable my onboard audio and i get the same results from 6 and 8 channels

Are you setting the Audio Channel to 6 or 8?
Or Dolby Virtual Headphone to 6 or 8?

May 21, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #8 of 32
Not sure why your having the issue, but can't you just leave the DGX set to 2-channel for the Audio Channel, when listening to music?

May 22, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #9 of 32
Not sure why your having the issue, but can't you just leave the DGX set to 2-channel for the Audio Channel, when listening to music?

+1

That's what I would do. Just 2 channel. No Dolby Headphone, either. That's how the music was recorded to sound.

May 22, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #10 of 32
Yes i can set it to 2 channel to listen to music, but i was expecting to get a good audio from the sunrround even for music, voice chat or for youtube videos, because some reviewssays that the audio is very good but when i try to use it, it is just very bad, i dont know if there is any relation to it but my Dgx did not work on the pci-e slot i needed to connect it to the pci slot.

May 22, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #11 of 32
  Yes i can set it to 2 channel to listen to music, but i was expecting to get a good audio from the surround even for music, voice chat or for youtube videos, because some reviews says that the audio is very good but when i try to use it, it is just very bad, i don't know if there is any relation to it but my DGX did not work on the Pci-E slot i needed to connect it to the pci slot.

If your starting with a 2-channel source, there is no improvement trying to make it seem like surround sound.

How did you connect a PCI-E card to a PCI slot?
PCI-E is a serial connection, PCI is a parallel connection, so they have no idea on how to talk to each other.

Where are these reviews your getting you surround sound info from?
Like to be able to read them myself.

May 22, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #12 of 32
Thank you for all the replies so far Purple Angel, i dont remember where i saw those reviews because i have seen they some time ago now, the reason i have bought a Xonar Dgx instead of using the onboard audio was mostly because of the sunrround sound, but like i said it sounds very bad, i am also having a problem using 2 channels in the Xonar driver because the equalization panel do not work at all only if i switch to 4/6 or 8 channels.

May 22, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #14 of 32
Try the unified drivers?

http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/

I'd also bet that you have the DG, not the DGX if you're connecting it through the PCI slot rather than PCIe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back