ASUS U3 + Q701 + E17
Mar 19, 2013 at 11:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

5pyK3

New Head-Fier
Alright so I'm posting this tread since I could not find the answer for what I was looking for. I just came from this thread, http://www.head-fi.org/t/619093/asus-u3-usb-sound-card-amp-for-audio-technica-ath-ad700 and It did a good job on somewhat answering my question but not really.

So here is the low down. I currently want to use Dolby for my gaming needs. I currently have a U3 with the Q701 and E17 on the way (Amazon). Now I'm a bit lost on how I am supposed to hook this up correctly and if I really needed the E17 in the first place. Eventually I would love the portability of the Q701 but for this matter (Gaming) is this all needed? In my head I see this:

Laptop + U3 + Toslink/Optical Cable(With adapter for U3 ) + E17 + Q701. Is this correct? Cheers.

Very Respectfully,
5pyK3 aka Doc

Mar 20, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #4 of 7
I feel like my head is going to crack open. I guess I should just simplifly my question after I have beenthe reading around some more (which is also I feel like my head is bout to burst), but can I still use DH (via 3.5mm) or DDL (via Optical) with the E17 plugged into the ASUS U3?

Very Respectfully,
5pyK3 aka Doc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back