Asus Transformer + Voodoo Control
Aug 14, 2011 at 6:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

DrTone

100+ Head-Fier
Anyone else using it as a DAP?

I have to say it sounds much better than my Samsung Galaxy S2 phone.

Wolfson DAC and supercurio has performed his usual magic to get the most of the DAC while controlling the headphone amp.

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #2 of 5
I like this device,may be I will buy it;after your testimony I have one more reason.I heard about 2nd generation of transformer coming soon - slider.Then I will
make up my mind.You say - Wolfson?

Aug 16, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #3 of 5
Good to hear that you find your tablet is a good DAP. My Archos 101 sux as a DAP. It is worse than my Nokia N82 phone.
triportsad.gif

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:59 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
I like this device,may be I will buy it;after your testimony I have one more reason.I heard about 2nd generation of transformer coming soon - slider.Then I will
make up my mind.You say - Wolfson?

Yes, wolfson.  The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 has one as well and actually rates slightly better but has no MicroSD slot.

Second generation is rumored to be running Tegra 3 with a possible 4 core processor.  But you'll want to give it some time on the market for the dust to settle and to make sure the DAC and design are as good or better than the current model.

Aug 16, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #5 of 5
Good to hear that you find your tablet is a good DAP. My Archos 101 sux as a DAP. It is worse than my Nokia N82 phone.
triportsad.gif

Archos even had the guts to advertise their stuff as a PMP, lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back