asus stx sound card vs objective 2 odac/amp combo
May 6, 2015 at 7:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

samhwan

New Head-Fier
(First post on head-fi) I have been using the asus stx sound card with a pair of sennheiser hd558 for about a year and soon hope to upgrade my headphones to the hd650's. Is it worth upgrading my dac/amp to something like the objective 2 dac/amp combo?

May 6, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #2 of 8
I thought the ODAC/O2 was a bit better than the STX when I got it, although I do not have the HD650s.

Probably should wait and think about this after you get your headphones. If you listen at volumes where the STX is not near maxed out perceived volume (not necessarily volume number), then there are less benefits in updating to a new amp.

May 6, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #3 of 8
(First post on head-fi) I have been using the asus stx sound card with a pair of Sennheiser hd558 for about a year and soon hope to upgrade my headphones to the hd650's. Is it worth upgrading my dac/amp to something like the objective 2 dac/amp combo?

I replaced my Essence STX with the Audio-GD NFB-15, $270 + shipping ($45?).
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1532/NFB15.32EN.htm

You can always sell off the Essence STX and get the cheaper Xonar DG or DGX, if you still have the need for Dolby Headphone, just plug the NFB-15 (using optical) into the sound card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back