Asus Essence One MKII / MKII MUSES Edition
Mar 9, 2018 at 4:33 AM Post #46 of 50
Are you talking about cFeon flash chip near C-Media CM6631 processor? I don't know, probably it's something related to the C-Media chip itself.
The chip I'm talking about is Nuvoton M054ZAN MCU (datasheet) found on the back side of the board.
Yes, I meant MCU FW version 0.64 which is needed by the DSD upgrade kit to work.
And yes, I successfully fixed my unit this way, now it plays DSD and enters firmware update mode flawlessly.

Mar 9, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #47 of 50
I know, it's the noisy ARM chip; because of this I cut the PCB traces and inserted separate rail for DAC's +5V. :)

However, the microcode for MKii (DSD version) should also uploaded on the DIP8 cFeon chip as well (for those having the MKi version).

Mar 13, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #49 of 50
I'm enjoying my new DT 1990 PRO these days, do you think I should upgrade the opamp in the AMP section to get the most from the headphones, or just buy a new amp and use the E1 only as a DAC?

Mar 13, 2018 at 5:04 PM Post #50 of 50
My 2 cents: basd on the type of headphone and its specs I really think that internal amplifier does a very good job. Feel free to borrow an external amp from someone and test it, but I really don't think you'll hear much difference.

After all, LME49720 + LME49860 work very good together and the sound is quite neutral. If you insist, you might swap the LME49720 with something else...perhaps MUSES02 or even MUSES01 or some solid-state opamps, just be sure it will fit in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back