Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
Feb 12, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #1,381 of 3,573
Quote:
Man this sucks I'm really starting to get annoyed with the lack of availability of the Muses edition in the UK, that and the ridiculous price difference between the UK and US for the same model of headphones.

Sorry just needed to vent a little
frown.gif

No problem, I feel you.
Same applies to Germany.
They just replace the $ with a €...

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #1,382 of 3,573
Quote:
I'm glad you enjoy your new E1 Muses. Welcome to the club dude!

So my AD797BR's finally arrived and I just installed them into the board!
Hopefully my E1 doesen't turn into a vulcano later this day.
So far I enjoy da-sound!
atsmile.gif

Thank you dude....
wink.gif
, I am still searching for the culprit that made me come to the dark side of the E1, was it you? no really I am looking for him.

That's great, I will be waiting to read about your finding, as I always enjoyed reading your posts.

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #1,383 of 3,573
Quote:
Man this sucks I'm really starting to get annoyed with the lack of availability of the Muses edition in the UK, that and the ridiculous price difference between the UK and US for the same model of headphones.

Sorry just needed to vent a little
frown.gif

I spent more than a month looking for the Muses , until I almost lost hope. So in a way I feel for your frustration, but believe me , the Muses will make up for it, not overhyping, but man you have to see this thing in person to understand the work that went into it, and when you turn it on......
beerchug.gif

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #1,384 of 3,573
Quote:
Thank you dude....
wink.gif
, I am still searching for the culprit that made me come to the dark side of the E1, was it you? no really I am looking for him.

That's great, I will be waiting to read about your finding, as I always enjoyed reading your posts.

Thank you for your kind words turok.
redface.gif

I still swap them around a lot, as I'm not quite sure which opamp suits which position best.
I've had the AD797BR's in the I/V and the LME49990's in the buffer. Results were good but the sound was lacking a bit of bass.
Now I got the NE5532's (the stock E1 opamps), in the I/V again, AD797BR's in the buffer (as Tim recommended) and the LME49990's in the filter. The sound signature has gotten even warmer now and the bass is more presence than before, which I like.

Update: I realy enjoy the extra warmth and bass specifically on that song
L3000.gif

Nosaj Thing - Eclipse/Blue (feat. Kazu Makino)

Feb 12, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #1,385 of 3,573
Quote:
I spent more than a month looking for the Muses , until I almost lost hope. So in a way I feel for your frustration, but believe me , the Muses will make up for it, not overhyping, but man you have to see this thing in person to understand the work that went into it, and when you turn it on......
beerchug.gif

I don't like the sound it makes when it turns on.

Sounds like something fries, so when i was doing my mod, i kept thinking that something went wrong when i turned it on for testing.

Tim

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #1,386 of 3,573
Quote:

Sounds like something fries, so when i was doing my mod, i kept thinking that something went wrong when i turned it on for testing.

Tim

Lé me, turning on my Xonar Essence One... thinking it would make that sound;

...and feels like a Boss!

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #1,387 of 3,573
Mine just sounds like this...

Maybe you got the need for speed model?

Tim

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #1,388 of 3,573
Quote:

Thank you for your kind words turok.
redface.gif

I still swap them around a lot, as I'm not quite sure which opamp suits which position best.
I've had the AD797BR's in the I/V and the LME49990's in the buffer. Results were good but the sound was lacking a bit of bass.
Now I got the NE5532's (the stock E1 opamps), in the I/V again, AD797BR's in the buffer (as Tim recommended) and the LME49990's in the filter. The sound signature has gotten even warmer now and the bass is more presence than before, which I like.

Update: I realy enjoy the extra warmth and bass specifically on that song
L3000.gif

Nosaj Thing - Eclipse/Blue (feat. Kazu Makino)

Kenion, thank you for taking the time to post your findings, as you can't imagine how much time and frustration you are saving us, and in a way I feel bad as you are the one (and the culprit,you know yourself) who is doing most of the dirty work for us ...
eek.gif

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #1,389 of 3,573
Quote:
Kenion, thank you for taking the time and post your findings, as you can't imagine how much time and frustration you are saving us, and in a way I feel bad as you are the one (and the culprit,you know yourself) who is doing most of the dirty work for us ...
eek.gif

He is the scientist behind all the magic.

I'm the mad scientist that is conducting experiments that no one should be doing.

Tim

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #1,390 of 3,573
Quote:

Tim

LOL...When I unpacked it, it smelled bad...really bad as if something was burnt!
I wanted to test it later but the smell is what made me rush in turning it on, to test if it is working.

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #1,391 of 3,573
I'm not doing any work. You guys are the scientists with the broad knowledge in headphones and electronics... heck, I don't even have more than 100 posts in this forum
redface.gif

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #1,392 of 3,573
Quote:
LOL...When I unpacked it, it smelled bad...really bad as if something was burnt!
I wanted to test it later but the smell is what made me rush in turning it on, to test if it is working.

Yes, i remember that smell.

The complete opposite of buying a new car.
Just like the good car smell fades away, this till also go away within a month.
I assume it's the black coat layer that used to paint over the steel and aluminum.

Tim

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #1,393 of 3,573
Quote:
Mine just sounds like this...

Maybe you got the need for speed model?

Tim

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
THAT almost made me fell out of my chair! I love you Tim !
beerchug.gif

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #1,394 of 3,573
Quote:
Yes, i remember that smell.

The complete opposite of buying a new car.
Just like the good car smell fades away, this till also go away within a month.
I assume it's the black coat layer that used to paint over the steel and aluminum.

Tim

Yes, I also think so.
Any new updates/photos for your project?
I will have to find the time to open it and take some pictures, just I am so lazy, my German bear and Australian carrots witness to this.

Feb 12, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #1,395 of 3,573
Quote:
I'm not doing any work. You guys are the scientists with the broad knowledge in headphones and electronics... heck, I don't even have more than 100 posts in this forum
redface.gif

This is me most of the time.

Life before electronics:

Stepping into electronics: moding

Sucesssful with modding Essence One:

Updates Results:

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back