Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011)
Sep 30, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #3,046 of 3,573

I kept mine (same like the one you have) after trying 2 Muses E1 (which were sent to me to replace the one I had without the gain jumper) I noticed a change in clarity and details in Music.
the one I had, was more musical and enjoyable to listen to, it was almost .

The other 2 replacements sounded less accurate and missing the prat I was getting, so I ended keeping it, FYI.

Just enjoy listing...

Did your non-jumper version of muses have more break in time when you compared it to the other muses versions? I got my muses edition in last week and the sound is now substantially smoother and not so bright than when I got it.

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #3,047 of 3,573
If what you say is true. Does that mean, the cheapest option to get good sound would be. Stock E1 plus 6x Muses01?

Yes, and better get Muses for the Headphones buffer also=8X Muses01.

Sep 30, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #3,048 of 3,573

Did your non-jumper version of muses have more break in time when you compared it to the other muses versions? I got my muses edition in last week and the sound is now substantially smoother and not so bright than when I got it.

No, I made sure that the new replaced E1s got enough time to break in / Burn (don't remember exactly).

It felt that they were missing something that I was enjoying in the original.

I do remember that another member shared me the finding.

Sep 30, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #3,049 of 3,573

No, I made sure that the new replaced E1s got enough time to break in / Burn (don't remember exactly).

It felt that they were missing something that I was enjoying in the original.

I do remember that another member shared me the finding.

That was me.

I had the same experience as Turokrocks.

The replacement E1 Muses I was sent with the jumper and the better volume control did not sound as good as the Muses I had without. The updated version did not sound as open and extended in the top end and sounded more closed in and flat.

Sep 30, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #3,050 of 3,573

That was me.

I had the same experience as Turokrocks.

The replacement E1 Muses I was sent with the jumper and the better volume control did not sound as good as the Muses I had without. The updated version did not sound as open and extended in the top end and sounded more closed in and flat.

That's interesting. What phones you use/used with E1?

Sep 30, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #3,051 of 3,573

That's interesting. What phones you use/used with E1?

I use HD 800s, T1s, K 701, K 702 Annies, Q 701s, HD 650s, PSB M4U2, NAD HP 50s and a number more.

I also have a regular E1 as well as a Plus version that I compared to both versions of the Muses I have with and without the jumper. All have a family sound except for the Muses with the jumper and A10. Strange I know but something is different beyond just the jumper and volume control.

Sep 30, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #3,052 of 3,573

Yes, and better get Muses for the Headphones buffer also=8X Muses01.

I think someone else in this thread beside you and upside made this discovery too. Thanks for the feedback

I'm all Muses01 out with 11X 
biggrin.gif

I'm currently using the XLR output with my B22 4 channel balance amp. The sound is phenomenal with my HD800.

Oct 1, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #3,053 of 3,573

I use HD 800s, T1s, K 701, K 702 Annies, Q 701s, HD 650s, PSB M4U2, NAD HP 50s and a number more.

I also have a regular E1 as well as a Plus version that I compared to both versions of the Muses I have with and without the jumper. All have a family sound except for the Muses with the jumper and A10. Strange I know but something is different beyond just the jumper and volume control.

Thanks for the info. I read the older post about jumper and many people besides you apparently experienced same thing I see. I just bought E1 muses edition with jumper and I dont know if I should just return it and just buy Plus edition and buy muses opamps separately...   The problem is I really like the sound of my E1 Muses. Its open and very transparent with hd800 but I'm wondering if I'm still missing something... :D

I read that someone in here once said that jumper version is more warm and jumperless version more bright. He said that jumper version is better with hd800 and jumperless with 650. Did you experience anything like that?

Oct 1, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #3,054 of 3,573

Thanks for the info. I read the older post about jumper and many people besides you apparently experienced same thing I see. I just bought E1 muses edition with jumper and I dont know if I should just return it and just buy Plus edition and buy muses opamps separately...   The problem is I really like the sound of my E1 Muses. Its open and very transparent with hd800 but I'm wondering if I'm still missing something... :D

I read that someone in here once said that jumper version is more warm and jumperless version more bright. He said that jumper version is better with hd800 and jumperless with 650. Did you experience anything like that?

No, I have not found that to be the case. My Muses with the jumper clearly sounds more closed in than any of the other E1s I have. In fact my Muses with the jumper is so thick sounding with HD 650s that I just wouldn't recommend that combo at all.

The HD 800 with the Muses is very nice but I still find that I return to the HD 800s with my HDVD 800. YMMV. I also prefer the T1s with the Muses to the HD 800s.

What serial number is your Muses? The E1 samples I have are A, B and C series. I'm not sure where ASUS is now with their serial numbers. Perhaps they made a running change?

If you like the sound of your Muses with your phones then enjoy. I wouldn't worry about what might be. If it's good, it's good.

Oct 1, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #3,055 of 3,573

No, I have not found that to be the case. My Muses with the jumper clearly sounds more closed in than any of the other E1s I have. In fact my Muses with the jumper is so thick sounding with HD 650s that I just wouldn't recommend that combo at all.

The HD 800 with the Muses is very nice but I still find that I return to the HD 800s with my HDVD 800. YMMV. I also prefer the T1s with the Muses to the HD 800s.

What serial number is your Muses? The E1 samples I have are A, B and C series. I'm not sure where ASUS is now with their serial numbers. Perhaps they made a running change?

If you like the sound of your Muses with your phones then enjoy. I wouldn't worry about what might be. If it's good, it's good.

My Muses is apparently B series. I use it with HD800 and it really sounds pretty good but I really wonder if I'm missing something when there are so many people saying this. I think I will return my Muses and I will test standard/plus edition.

Oct 1, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #3,056 of 3,573

My Muses is apparently B series. I use it with HD800 and it really sounds pretty good but I really wonder if I'm missing something when there are so many people saying this. I think I will return my Muses and I will test standard/plus edition.

Strange that your B series Muses has the jumper and A10 volume control. My B series Muses does not have the update but my C series does and that is the Muses that sounds different from the others. The B series Muses is the version I enjoy the most.

As I said, there must have been a running change from ASUS.

Is there any way to hang on to your Muses and compare with the standard/plus version? Of the three, the Muses is the best with the Plus being close behind.

Oct 2, 2014 at 1:35 AM Post #3,057 of 3,573
Guys, I really need to order some Muses01 op-amps from a reliable source, and one that I can read (English language), any help is appreciated.

I looked at ebay, and I don't trust any!

And also the "Essence One DSD Upgrade Kit", is it up for sale? where?!!

Oct 2, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #3,059 of 3,573
Strange that your B series Muses has the jumper and A10 volume control. My B series Muses does not have the update but my C series does and that is the Muses that sounds different from the others. The B series Muses is the version I enjoy the most.

As I said, there must have been a running change from ASUS.

Is there any way to hang on to your Muses and compare with the standard/plus version? Of the three, the Muses is the best with the Plus being close behind.

Interesting. I think I will try to get my hands on another E1 and compare them like you said to me.

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #3,060 of 3,573
  Guys, I really need to order some Muses01 op-amps from a reliable source, and one that I can read (English language), any help is appreciated.

I looked at ebay, and I don't trust any!

And also the "Essence One DSD Upgrade Kit", is it up for sale? where?!!

How many are you planning on buying and where you planning on placing them? (Headphone buffer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back