Asus Essence III
Jun 19, 2017 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

VelvetBulldozer

New Head-Fier
Hi

I'm new here and I have a few questions related to the Asus Essence III.

- Will the volume control function as an analog attenuator and pre-amp when playing vinyl or tape via the AUX IN interface and further to my active speakers?

- When doing the above, do you know if the analog signal coming from the phono stage and further to the active speakers will remain analog all the way or is there a reason to suspect the Essence III is digitising the signal and then channels it further to the DAC before it gets to the speakers, in other words is passing both an ADC and an DAC, or just stays analog?

- Can I record vinyl on the computer by connecting the stage to AUX IN on the Essence III and use software such as Audacity?

- Do we suspect there will be coming out a new version soon?

Any help is greatly appreciated
Cheers
Dan

Jun 20, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #2 of 2
I just looked this up. I have an Asus Xonar Essence in my PC and this looks kinda nifty.

Yes, it should function as attenuation for your aux in. Aux are line-level inputs though so it may function as an amp for speakers.

Don't know about your second question. I'd honestly suspect it is converting to a digital signal.

As for recording, absolutely! Plug your deck into aux and then USB (?) or the RCA outs to your PC.

Also is it just me or is anybody else perturbed as to their outputs being so widely spaced apart past other inputs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back