AstroTec AX60 - A new hybrid 3-way universal IEM for under $500? I'm getting excited..
Sep 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #17 of 68
Honestly, I'm not a shill or anything, but I do HEAPS of work with audio/visual gear suppliers. In my experience, no salesman/supplier has EVER matched his professionalism, customer service, and love for their product.

Billy for president. 

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #18 of 68
Honestly, I'm not a shill or anything, but I do HEAPS of work with audio/visual gear suppliers. In my experience, no salesman/supplier has EVER matched his professionalism, customer service, and love for their product.

Billy for president. 
+1
I auditioned them and they sound awesome!

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #21 of 68
  You bought one? Glad to see the grey one doesn't the weird aquamarine tint in the cabling...

It's a loan for my impressions and I might get it. Out of the box they are a bit muddy. They are supposed to get better after 100 hours. 

Sep 16, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #22 of 68
Aside from the 100 hours bit (Some of us might not believe in such things
smile.gif
) what other views do you have aside from "muddy"? 

Definitely not what I heard personally -  tempted to bring in a few different pairs of my IEMs to do a shootout. 

Sep 16, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #23 of 68
  Aside from the 100 hours bit (Some of us might not believe in such things
smile.gif
) what other views do you have aside from "muddy"? 

Definitely not what I heard personally -  tempted to bring in a few different pairs of my IEMs to do a shootout. 

If he's comparing it directly to the UM Miracle, it'll definitely sound muddy. It's far from the clearest earphones I've heard as well. The CSD behavior of the AX60 confirms bass intrusion into the midrange.

I think the AX60 is more suited for modern, popular music, e.g. EDM, hip-hop, etc.

But yes, I agree, I don't think things will improve too much after burn-in.

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #25 of 68
The thing is that it is quite V shapes and the treble, while it has great detail, is quite harsh. The midrange is great, but I wished that it is a bit more upfront.

Sep 16, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #26 of 68
  I'd be curious as to "why", as the AX60 is less than half the price of the miracle.

Probably because he has one. I don't think it's a matter of price. The $99 HiFiMAN RE-400 has better clarity and cohesiveness. What if he used the RE-400 to compare?

Why do you feel the need to defend the AX60? I actually own one and I happily criticize it.

Sep 17, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #28 of 68
I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, but from your words, you seem really to hope that people agree with you that it sounds good. I'm sure you do genuinely believe that --- there are plenty of friends that I've given the AX60 to try out that think it sounds very good. However, people are allowed to think that it sounds "muddy" as well. That's all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back