Astro MixAmp 'Mixed' Reviews (Pun Intended)
Mar 27, 2016 at 7:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SuperSam

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,
So a while back I bought some Sennheiser HD 558's per forum members' recommendations and I freaking love them. 

I used to have Turtle Beaches for my X360 but I never upgraded headphones when I switched to my xbox one. So, I've been looking at AMPs so I could just use my Sennheiser's with a Boompro (I would take out the lock twist thing) or modmic, and I was gonna buy an Astro MixAmp Pro, however, I've been looking online and some of the reviews for the 2015 version are really negative and people say it's pretty bad. I was wondering what your guys' thoughts were on this.

Is the 2015 version of the Mixamp Pro THAT bad, or will it still work fine for what I wanna do (play competitive cod on xbox one)? Also, if you have any better suggestions for a different amp that will work just as well as the astro, than please share your knowledge! Thanks a lot, Sam.

Mar 27, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #2 of 4
My two cents.
Buy a used Astro mix-amp (pre-2015 model?).
Not a lot of options for gaming consoles, might as well get the used Mix-amp.

May 16, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #4 of 4
Guys, my reviews were of the 2013 and OLDER I hear the new ones fixed the bad aspects of the 2013. I'd just get a new one, unless you wanna save money and buy an old 2011 or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back