Astell & Kern SR25: The next A&norma player
Apr 5, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #1,546 of 2,745
It sounds like you are looking for more of an Android smartphone experience. AK uses a highly customized version of Android OS that removes most of the bloatware that does not directly affect music playback. I will share your request with the dev team, but what you are suggesting may not be possible with AK's customized version of Android.
That's exactly why I look to A&K for an Android based player. I want my DAP to be a player not a source of revenue for Google, please don't change that...

Q-6

Apr 5, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #1,547 of 2,745
That's exactly why I look to A&K for an Android based player. I want my DAP to be a player not a source of revenue for Google, please don't change that...

Q-6
It's a simple update in the system sw. Google have nothing to do with it! To have the possibility to press 1 time at the Home button to get the AK player it's what you get now. Pressing it again to get one of the apps allowed by AK at the homepage it would be handy and have nothing to do with google, right?. Pressing it again and you have, again, the AK player.

Apr 5, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #1,548 of 2,745
To JasonNYC,

It is 2:41 am here at the most western country of Europe, Portugal. I can't stop listening the SR25 and I can't stop thinking how to improve the experience with it.
It could even be simpler 🙂, not even need to choose one of your installed apps at Services to be your default app! And no Google here, no bloatware neither a less customized or vulnerable Android system!
Here's what should happen when you press the Home Button:
a) if you are playing music using one of the AK supported apps (I always say Tidal but this time will be Apple Music 😉) and you press the Home Button the display will revert to the AK player (EXACTLY what happens NOW, no changes);
b) if you press the Home Button while at the AK player, the display will revert to THE LAST app used (in this example, to Apple Music).
And this will be endless...a), b), a), b)...

So simple and effective, no detrimental to the very customized Android Version at the AK daps, no bloatware because you can only install the AK approved apps. Not doing something like this it will be like saying that there's no room for improvement which, IMHO, there is.

Cheers.

Apr 7, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #1,551 of 2,745
Greetings. Does this unit have gain adjustment? Thanks
Unless you count the volume wheel (which really is quite a good one), that is.

Apr 8, 2021 at 1:21 AM Post #1,554 of 2,745
The EQ features are confusing. It reads that turning EQ on allows gain adjustment and something about q values. So, no EQ either?
Yes, the SR25 has EQ. 20 bands you can adjust +/- 5db. "Advanced" lets you choose Q/width values for each band if you like.

Create custom profiles as you like, I have 3 for 3 different HP/IEMs that I have, not sure how many you can create...

Apr 8, 2021 at 1:35 AM Post #1,555 of 2,745
Hi
Not exactly.
You have access to a PEQ fully customisable. There is a buit-in EQ called "NORMAL". This one you have no permission to even "see it", just the name. It's the default and pre-installed by AK.
But, there's a + button. If you press it you can create your one EQ than later can be turned ON or OFF. At this point, and after you give it a name, you wil have access to a 20 band EQ and, for each band you may change Gain (-5 dB to +5dB in 0.01 steps. Yes I wrote it correctly, 0.01 steps) and the Q parameter.

Apr 8, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #1,556 of 2,745
Sorry Neweymatt. "Not exactly" was not for you but the answer to "morndewey". While I was writing my answer you replied to him.

Apr 8, 2021 at 2:30 AM Post #1,557 of 2,745
What's the line out quality like e.g. with the Effect Audio 4.4mm balanced connector (out of the 2.5/3.5) into an analogue input on an amp?

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #1,558 of 2,745
What's the line out quality like e.g. with the Effect Audio 4.4mm balanced connector (out of the 2.5/3.5) into an analogue input on an amp?
I didn’t use that connector/cabling, just a cheap 3.5->RCA cable out to the Asgard3, and it sounds great.

Apr 8, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #1,559 of 2,745
I think you can only use the 3.5mm for line out. The 2.5mm would still be amped. Don't quote me, but I'm 95% positive.

Apr 8, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #1,560 of 2,745
I use the 2.5mm line out to the SACD/CD inputs on my AVR. Sounds great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back