Astell & Kern SR25: The next A&norma player
Nov 26, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #1,126 of 2,745
Does anyone what MQA unfold level is done by SR25? 4x? 8x? 16x?

Nov 28, 2020 at 12:23 PM Post #1,128 of 2,745
No-one prepared to answer?
That is exactly what happened. I sent an email to iRiver - that is supposed to be the European distributor and received absolutely no answer. Then thanks to Jason, I got an email from someone with the email address Dreamus identifying themselves as the A&K Europe rep.

I do not think Europe is a market they really care. Their DAP is great but their customer support non existent and they will try anything - questions after questions - and I do not know if they were stupid or tricky - to avoid replacement. Thankfully I purchased from a reputable UK dealer.
A&K EU is the made in China customer support model from the 80’s.
So buy from a reputable dealer if you want to buy A&K, and from nowhere else - and do not expect any customer support.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #1,130 of 2,745
For those asking who is the U.K. distributor for AK, it used to be Exertis but they have gone in a different direction altogether as they used to be the distributor for Audeze also.

The U.K. has a different distributor from the EU and the U.K. distributor is now Armour home, www.armourhome.co.uk, also AK have a repair centre in Germany.

Hope that helps.

Dec 1, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #1,131 of 2,745
Hi. Who are the EU distributor for A&K and does anyone have experience of after sales service?
Sorry the delayed response, just catching up from the holiday weekend here in the US.

AK's authorized repair center for all of Europe is DM Solution, located in Germany. You can find direct contact info as well as filling out online repair requests here - https://www.iriver.com/support/RMA_001.asp

AK has separate distributors for the UK and the rest of the EU. The UK distributor was recently changed and is Armour Home - https://www.armourhome.co.uk. I do not remember who the EU distributor is, I will find out.

Of course, our dealers are wonderful and can provide first line support on any AK product.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Dec 1, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #1,132 of 2,745
Sorry the delayed response, just catching up from the holiday weekend here in the US.

AK's authorized repair center for all of Europe is DM Solution, located in Germany. You can find direct contact info as well as filling out online repair requests here - https://www.iriver.com/support/RMA_001.asp

AK has separate distributors for the UK and the rest of the EU. The UK distributor was recently changed and is Armour Home - https://www.armourhome.co.uk. I do not remember who the EU distributor is, I will find out.

Of course, our dealers are wonderful and can provide first line support on any AK product.

Before I got my SR25. I sent emails to ask for the details of the machine. Never got any reply. But luckily a nice guy from this forum has helped me a lot. Till I can make a decision to get it. I think somehow they should update their service mind. It made me wonder what would happen if I need some help in the future.

ps. I have got it in the UK.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2020 at 11:17 PM Post #1,133 of 2,745
I was wondering if any of you had any problems with regards to mounting your micro sd cards into the SR25? I think I read a post here in this thread that the slot for the micro sd card for the SR25 is fiddly and mounting micro sd cards will take couple of tries just for it to stay in the slot. Have any of you experienced this?

Dec 1, 2020 at 11:26 PM Post #1,134 of 2,745
I was wondering if any of you had any problems with regards to mounting your micro sd cards into the SR25? I think I read a post here in this thread that the slot for the micro sd card for the SR25 is fiddly and mounting micro sd cards will take couple of tries just for it to stay in the slot. Have any of you experienced this?
To the extend that I cannot remember inserting the 400Gb SD Card into my SR25, I guess that means it was fairly straightforward?

Dec 2, 2020 at 9:02 AM Post #1,135 of 2,745
I would not necessarily say I’ve had problems actually getting the microSD card to stay in the slot.
I’ve had problems with the slot actually recognizing and formatting and scanning the microSD card, along with issues getting music on (and off) the SD card while in the SR25.
I’ve tried brand-new cards, existing cards, cards formatted in ExFat and Fat32, formatting both externally and inside the player, with little success and plenty of frustration (and with a factory-fresh SR25 provided through some great customer service from A&K, but the problem persisted with the replacement player, as well).
@JasonNYC here on the forums actually suggested doing a manual media scan of my SR25 each time I load or delete music from the card, and now I’m able to enjoy the player, though it takes a little more time than when I used to just disconnect my previous A&K players (I’ve owned several issue-free A&K products already).
I’ve kinda gotten used to this “new normal” with this SR25, and am enjoying the player, just kind of a strange disconnect somewhere.

Dec 2, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #1,136 of 2,745
I would not necessarily say I’ve had problems actually getting the microSD card to stay in the slot.
I’ve had problems with the slot actually recognizing and formatting and scanning the microSD card, along with issues getting music on (and off) the SD card while in the SR25.
I’ve tried brand-new cards, existing cards, cards formatted in ExFat and Fat32, formatting both externally and inside the player, with little success and plenty of frustration (and with a factory-fresh SR25 provided through some great customer service from A&K, but the problem persisted with the replacement player, as well).
@JasonNYC here on the forums actually suggested doing a manual media scan of my SR25 each time I load or delete music from the card, and now I’m able to enjoy the player, though it takes a little more time than when I used to just disconnect my previous A&K players (I’ve owned several issue-free A&K products already).
I’ve kinda gotten used to this “new normal” with this SR25, and am enjoying the player, just kind of a strange disconnect somewhere.
Thanks for the heads up. :) I still haven’t decided on whether Ill get the SR25 or the Kann Alpha. Shame that the SR25 has this problem as its the cheaper of the two and has the longer battery life.

Dec 2, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #1,137 of 2,745
I've tried 2 different SD cards. Both of them formatted using an external app as said some posts before (AOMEI partition assistant), because I did read that windows and the same SR25 were having issues with it (and I know that big capacity is a typical problem for old FAT32 file system).

Now I'm using the smaller one (128gb.), but I found no issues with 256gb. either. Both are Samsung EVO cards, just in case it helps.

IMG20201202153441.jpg

Dec 2, 2020 at 10:10 AM Post #1,139 of 2,745
I've tried 2 different SD cards. Both of them formatted using an external app as said some posts before (AOMEI partition assistant), because I did read that windows and the same SR25 were having issues with it (and I know that big capacity is a typical problem for old FAT32 file system).

Now I'm using the smaller one (128gb.), but I found no issues with 256gb. either. Both are Samsung EVO cards, just in case it helps.

IMG20201202153441.jpg
Regretfully, I’m on MAC OS and that partition assistant is for Windows only.

Dec 2, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #1,140 of 2,745
I have never had any issues with the card SanDisk Ultra, 400 GB

1A5B134D-E350-428C-B83B-BF2A19C60FA5.jpeg
Wish I could say the same with my myriad SanDisk Ultra & Extreme cards (All different sizes) I’ve tried to use on my SR25!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back