Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews
Feb 28, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #2,221 of 2,727
I'm currently looking to buy the SR15. But I have one question:
Does it support the Amazon Music app? Online and offline? Because even if the quality isn't that great, I actually have quite a huge library there and a lot of free music.

Appears that Amazon Music is one of the supported apps.

Open APP Service supported APP

AK1007142.jpg

7digital Music / Amazon Music / Apple Music / Audible / Awa / Bandcamp / BBC iPlayer Radio

Bugs / Deezer / Dsaudio / FLO / foobar2000 / Genie / IDAGIO / Joox / Kkbox / Last.fm / Melon

Moov / My Yuner Radio / nugs.net / Onkyo HF Player / Pandora / Player FM / Qobuz / QQmusic

Sirius / Soundcloud / Spotify / Tidal / Tunein / xiami music / Yandex Music

There are 33 validated apps by Astell&Kern, Some APPs which requires certain steps are incompatible such as Google. Although the APP is validated, there might have some restrictions on services, policies or updates.

(Supported APPs will be continuously updated.)

Feb 28, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #2,222 of 2,727
Appears that Amazon Music is one of the supported apps.

Open APP Service supported APP

AK1007142.jpg

7digital Music / Amazon Music / Apple Music / Audible / Awa / Bandcamp / BBC iPlayer Radio

Bugs / Deezer / Dsaudio / FLO / foobar2000 / Genie / IDAGIO / Joox / Kkbox / Last.fm / Melon

Moov / My Yuner Radio / nugs.net / Onkyo HF Player / Pandora / Player FM / Qobuz / QQmusic

Sirius / Soundcloud / Spotify / Tidal / Tunein / xiami music / Yandex Music

There are 33 validated apps by Astell&Kern, Some APPs which requires certain steps are incompatible such as Google. Although the APP is validated, there might have some restrictions on services, policies or updates.

(Supported APPs will be continuously updated.)

Thanks a lot for the answer! Time to retire my old FiiO X3 2nd gen.

Feb 29, 2020 at 8:07 PM Post #2,223 of 2,727
I thought that this player does Tidal offline, but whenever I try to do this it says that I have no connection. I have version 1.18.

Mar 1, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #2,224 of 2,727
I thought that this player does Tidal offline, but whenever I try to do this it says that I have no connection. I have version 1.18.

Are you using the built in Tidal app, or did you download and install (aka sideload) the apk version? The built in Tidal app will only stream and not download. The sideloaded version will steam and download for offline play.

Mar 1, 2020 at 4:45 PM Post #2,226 of 2,727
Are you using the built in Tidal app, or did you download and install (aka sideload) the apk version? The built in Tidal app will only stream and not download. The sideloaded version will steam and download for offline play.

I'm using the built-in Tidal APP. Is it simple to download it?

Mar 2, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #2,228 of 2,727
anyone who sold the SR15 how much did you sell it for?
I want to sell but its very unlikey I will get £400 for it :frowning2:
ive been trying to sell it off for a long time but apparently there is no interest on it anymore

Mar 2, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #2,229 of 2,727
anyone who sold the SR15 how much did you sell it for?
I want to sell but its very unlikey I will get £400 for it :frowning2:

I just bought one from eBay, 4 months old, with the original receipt and in mint condition for 430 Euro, if that helps you.

So what is the consensus now, should I do a firmware update or stay vanilla? I've read the new FW has some issues.

Mar 2, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #2,231 of 2,727
Yeah thats like I thought under 400 pounds :frowning2:

Think the best thing one can do in the portable audio world: Buy stuff used! Because if you don`t wait too long usually you can sell used gear for a similar price as you have bought it. Unlike new stuff.

Mar 4, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #2,232 of 2,727
It looks very good in person. But most important, the sound is so good. Compared to my FiiO X3, big jump in sound quality.

Mar 4, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #2,233 of 2,727
Just bought an as new one for $459 (USD),
question for y’all, do the firmware updates have to all be installed or are they cumulative?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back