Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews
Aug 17, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #1,891 of 2,727
Installing Spotify causes a parse error. Downloaded this from apkpure and get the same problem with previous versions.

By the way, I have successfully installed Foobar and Tidal.

Can someone please advise which version and source to download that works.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #1,892 of 2,727
Installing Spotify causes a parse error. Downloaded this from apkpure and get the same problem with previous versions.

Spotify files in apkpure is corrupted, try a different app website.

Aug 17, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #1,893 of 2,727

SR15 has a 32bit cpu, so we can only use spotify armeabi-v7a version on apkpure(Previous versions>Version w/ two variants>armeabi-v7a)

some old version may have both 32bit and 64bit lib, so.

Aug 21, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #1,896 of 2,727
Is a sad day today, my SR15 has died.

I believe it started when I was streaming Tidal and connected to my bluetooth headphones, when the unit got very hot because of the extra work it had to support.Since then the unit cuts out and dies and even when fully charged it dies again when the battery falls below 70%.

I guess the high operating temperature harmed the battery as they don't like heat. It looks like a design fault and do wonder if A&K did any realistic soak test before release.

Aug 21, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #1,897 of 2,727
Is a sad day today, my SR15 has died.

I believe it started when I was streaming Tidal and connected to my bluetooth headphones, when the unit got very hot because of the extra work it had to support.Since then the unit cuts out and dies and even when fully charged it dies again when the battery falls below 70%.

I guess the high operating temperature harmed the battery as they don't like heat. It looks like a design fault and do wonder if A&K did any realistic soak test before release.

OMG they should replace for free for life as it does sound like design flaw

Aug 23, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #1,899 of 2,727
@JasonNYC I just had another audio retailer contact me on behalf of a customer who is concerned about external playlists on the AK series.

What is the latest with support for copying external playlists to the AK?
I have not gotten an update since the last one a few weeks ago saying they are still working on it. I will speak to our dev team in Korea when they are back in the office on Monday.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Aug 23, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #1,900 of 2,727
I have not gotten an update since the last one a few weeks ago saying they are still working on it. I will speak to our dev team in Korea when they are back in the office on Monday.
So, maybe this isn't obvious, and maybe it is...

Its crazy to assume that music lovers are going to "manage their libraries and playlists" on the portable devices no matter how badass they may be.
Conversely just about everyone manages these externally.

This means that basically AK players are currently not compatible with playlists at all. It's beyond ridiculous that we're months in now with no support.

I am certainly not a dealer, but I am getting multiple folks opting out of Astell and Kern devices for others as a result.

Aug 24, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #1,901 of 2,727
@JasonNYC - is there anything on the roadmap to better facilitate tag handling? I'm really enjoying my newly purchased SR15 aside from the way the 'Album Artist' tag under the 'Artist' field is ignored. For example, a record by one artist that contains many features can add a tonne of 'Artists' to the 'Artist' sorting.

An ideal state would be for one to be able to select which tag is observed (or better yet, a tag hierarchy) for 'Artist'. Alternatively, it would stand to reason that where a 'Sort Artist' is present in the ID3 tag, the player displays this in the 'Artist' view.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts / anyone elses view on this one.

Cheers

Aug 27, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #1,903 of 2,727
newbie with new Norma. Can i load music directly onto sd card then load in device
or must i go the plug into computer and drag files to load onto device?
Prefer to load onto SD card directly but am not sure.
Cab someone give me some guidance
Many tahnsk
HT

Aug 27, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #1,904 of 2,727
newbie with new Norma. Can i load music directly onto sd card then load in device
or must i go the plug into computer and drag files to load onto device?
Prefer to load onto SD card directly but am not sure.
Cab someone give me some guidance
Many tahnsk
HT

I typically just load music directly onto my SD card. Aside from it being much faster, it's also easier if you have a Mac to transfer directly to the card. I only connect my A&K DAPs to the computer, using Windows, when I need to sideload any apps such as Tidal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back