Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews
Aug 10, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #1,876 of 2,727
Anyone using SR15 with ultra sensitive multidriver iems? I'm looking for a DAP again purely for Westone ES60 similar to W60 and W80. I want to make sure the background is pitch black. I can't stand any noise.

Aug 10, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #1,877 of 2,727
Anyone using SR15 with ultra sensitive multidriver iems? I'm looking for a DAP again purely for Westone ES60 similar to W60 and W80. I want to make sure the background is pitch black. I can't stand any noise.

I listen to the SR15 using my Empire Ear Phantoms and Campfire Audio Solaris, and I can't detect any background hiss with either IEM.

Aug 11, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #1,878 of 2,727
I use it with the W50 and the W80, with both of them it is ok, with the W80 it makes a very good match

Aug 12, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #1,879 of 2,727
@JasonNYC

Would it be possible to make the slider in artist/song view etc a bit wider? With the case on it can be hard to grab a hold of. Can also be difficult to pull down the quick settings menu with the case on.

also having a small issue where the player gets stuck when adding songs to a playlist. It’ll say “please wait” and the only way to get rid of it is to reboot. On the latest firmware.

thanks.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #1,880 of 2,727
I have problems with Bluetooth on the SR15.
I can connect my WF-1000XM3 with the SR15 Bluetooth however no sound comes out.
Anyone have similar problems?

Aug 12, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #1,882 of 2,727
Daft question but have u put the volume up on the headphones

This TWS volume is controlled by the source. It doesn’t have volume controls.

Aug 14, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #1,885 of 2,727
sr15 never lasted for 11hours for me. Mine is up to 8h max.
I'm selling currently for almost same price with astell case so I think price is good.
Staying with Kann cube

Aug 14, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #1,886 of 2,727
have you downloaded the sony Headphones Connect app? this may help you

Don’t think you can download that app into AK devices...

Aug 16, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #1,889 of 2,727
@JasonNYC Any updates on the Neutron player firmware?
no issues with installing and running the trial version. I purchased a license directly from them since I cannot purchase directly from Google Play store, but to authenticate the license is pretty shady. They want you to enter your email server info and your login info so they can check your inbox for the purchase license message. I don't feel comfortable giving them full access to my email account. I am going to reach out to them and see if there are any other options to authenticate. If anyone who uses it knows and can share if there is a different way to authenticate a license purchased directly from Neutron, I'd appreciate it.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Aug 16, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #1,890 of 2,727
no issues with installing and running the trial version. I purchased a license directly from them since I cannot purchase directly from Google Play store, but to authenticate the license is pretty shady. They want you to enter your email server info and your login info so they can check your inbox for the purchase license message. I don't feel comfortable giving them full access to my email account. I am going to reach out to them and see if there are any other options to authenticate. If anyone who uses it knows and can share if there is a different way to authenticate a license purchased directly from Neutron, I'd appreciate it.
Yes its very awkward way of validating it.
I hope they give a 3rd option to purchase.

EDIT:
Other way is to create a new email account to purchase license with. And use that for them to check. I would do that.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back