Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews
Jul 4, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #1,655 of 2,727
@JasonNYC
Hi there
Will you be adding support for Neutron player?
Not sure if we can add it. Usually with paid apps, they need to be tied to a Google Play Store account and device registered with the Play Store, although it looks like you can buy directly from the app manufacturer on their website and bypass the Play Store. I will pass along to our dev team to look into.
I know UAPP cannot be added since you can only purchase through the Google Play Store.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Jul 4, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #1,657 of 2,727
Not sure if we can add it. Usually with paid apps, they need to be tied to a Google Play Store account and device registered with the Play Store, although it looks like you can buy directly from the app manufacturer on their website and bypass the Play Store. I will pass along to our dev team to look into.
I know UAPP cannot be added since you can only purchase through the Google Play Store.

Yes Neutron you can buy from them without Play.
Thanks let us know what dev team says

only thing worrying me is battery life.
I get around 11 hours on my Fiio X5 iii with custom kernel.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #1,658 of 2,727
I'm still thinking of getting one of these for travel and work. Sp1000 ss is my home dap. I don't stream that much but am wondering in pure sq how this compares to ak70i and ii. My other option is a used ak320 it 380

Jul 6, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #1,659 of 2,727
I'm still thinking of getting one of these for travel and work. Sp1000 ss is my home dap. I don't stream that much but am wondering in pure sq how this compares to ak70i and ii. My other option is a used ak320 it 380

SR15 is great for on the go. Sound quality significantly better than AK70. Not much experience with AK70ii, but when I heard it I didn't think it was much better than the original.

I can't speak for the 320/380, but I wouldn't get such old models.

Jul 6, 2019 at 5:45 AM Post #1,661 of 2,727
I have only recently bought an SR15 and can honestly say it is an excellent DAP. The size is pocket friendly, it has a perfect weight that feels light but substantial at the same time.

I recently sold my SP1000 SS as I just could no longer justify the extremely high price and with a new model out already it was time to cut my losses!

I was worried about the drop in sound quality going from flagship to entry level, but this has proven to be unfounded. The SR15 is a wonderful warm but detailed sounding DAP and makes the picky Andromeda literally rock. Very pleased with the sound quality with everything I’ve put it’s way. Never harsh even with Oasis!!!

The Tidal streaming works perfectly and sounds great too. I have not side loaded any APK’s yet, happy with the inbuilt app. Don’t get an older player now, the new ones with side loaded apps etc are far superior.

No regrets in downsizing here and I heartily recommend the SR15, yes, it’s that good for the money.

Did have the original AK70 and this one smokes it!

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #1,662 of 2,727
I have only recently bought an SR15 and can honestly say it is an excellent DAP. The size is pocket friendly, it has a perfect weight that feels light but substantial at the same time.

I recently sold my SP1000 SS as I just could no longer justify the extremely high price and with a new model out already it was time to cut my losses!

I was worried about the drop in sound quality going from flagship to entry level, but this has proven to be unfounded. The SR15 is a wonderful warm but detailed sounding DAP and makes the picky Andromeda literally rock. Very pleased with the sound quality with everything I’ve put it’s way. Never harsh even with Oasis!!!

The Tidal streaming works perfectly and sounds great too. I have not side loaded any APK’s yet, happy with the inbuilt app. Don’t get an older player now, the new ones with side loaded apps etc are far superior.

No regrets in downsizing here and I heartily recommend the SR15, yes, it’s that good for the money.

by sideloading do you mean installing from the AK store?
Or is there a way to install any APK on it?

Jul 6, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #1,665 of 2,727

Agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back