Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews
Nov 22, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #316 of 2,727
Hey, I have tried my LCD2C with the SR15 but I don't think they are a good match. It feels like they need a high gain option which the SR15 doesn't have. Even at near full volume they still sound flat to me no matter what the music source. I have a set of Audeze iSine20s which sound spectacluar with the SR15 though so I'm delighted with that.

I have had no issues with heat. The unit was warn after doing a firmware update initally and transferring some files but after that it has been perfect.
it seems it doesnt have enough power to push the LCD2C's but enough to run them. which is sad news considering how much the SR15 is.. :frowning2: its almost as much as the headphones themselfs.

Nov 22, 2018 at 9:57 AM Post #317 of 2,727
Most DAPs are designed for use with IEMs. Planar magnetic headphones are notoriously hard to drive. There are only a few DAPs out there that are capable of driving full size headphones well (which even then is very subjective). The point is I think you might want to manage your expectations of what can be achieved with DAPs. However with that being said there are high end- full size headphones designed for portable use, the AK T1p is a good example of that.

Nov 22, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #318 of 2,727
Hey Guys, will that discount be cascaded to your official re-sellers around the globe? I am almost pushing the trigger on one, but would prefer buy from a local store in Australia (addicted to audio)
These deals are for North America customers only. All of our deals vary by region and regions run their own separate deals from time to time. It would be best to contact Addicted to Audio directly for a list of their holiday deals.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Nov 22, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #319 of 2,727
Most DAPs are designed for use with IEMs. Planar magnetic headphones are notoriously hard to drive. There are only a few DAPs out there that are capable of driving full size headphones well (which even then is very subjective). The point is I think you might want to manage your expectations of what can be achieved with DAPs. However with that being said there are high end- full size headphones designed for portable use, the AK T1p is a good example of that.

Planars and DAPs definitely don’t go together. I just got my SR and have been listening with my travel headphones, Sony WH-1000XM3. So far, very nice sound. You can connect the SR 15 to an external DAC. People love the Chord Mojo, which is not crazy expensive and very portable.

Nov 22, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #320 of 2,727
I'm fully aware of that, however i would like to continue to use headphones from my collection on the go around the home. ofcoarse if i sit down at my setup i'll use my dedicated source. but if i choose to cook in the kitchen i dont see why i shouldnt be able to atleast use my DT1990 pros :p they're not "super" hard to drive. if the SR15 can drive the DT1990 Pros properly, i'm 100% sold and i'll order it tomorrow.

Nov 22, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #321 of 2,727
Has anyone used the SR15 with RHA CL2 IEMs? If so, how is this pairing?

Nov 22, 2018 at 2:33 PM Post #322 of 2,727
it seems it doesnt have enough power to push the LCD2C's but enough to run them. which is sad news considering how much the SR15 is.. :frowning2: its almost as much as the headphones themselfs.

I belive the LCD-X were designed so they could be driven far easier and have a lower impedance than the LCD2C but you'll obviuosly have to pay the premium for them.

Nov 23, 2018 at 6:19 AM Post #326 of 2,727
I belive the LCD-X were designed so they could be driven far easier and have a lower impedance than the LCD2C but you'll obviuosly have to pay the premium for them.
Yeah, i was considering the newest gen LCD-X that comes with a new headband from the LCD2C model. however, like you said. its premium, so its around 1,600$ CND before taxes for me :frowning2: almost 1900$... which at that point i might as well buy the Futura :p

Nov 23, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #327 of 2,727
Nov 23, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #328 of 2,727
Hello

The Chord Mojo makes a very good complement to the SR15,
20181123_095508.jpg

I don't notice the difference in sound of this combination with the Poly-Mojo, and it is more functional and easier to use, the SR15 software is very good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back