1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by pitch_black, Jul 29, 2018.
First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
Next

Last
  1. szore
    I don't think it works like that TBO. When the battery is charged it switches to line power.

2. Tralfaz
    Hi everyone! I'm really enjoying my SR15 but am having trouble getting the CD Ripper II to umm... rip CDs.

Power supply is the recommended 5V 2A type but after connecting the two and then sliding a CD into the slot the only thing that happens is the CD to spinning for a bit and then stopping, with no Gracenotes connect or CD ripping happening. Every once in a while I can sort of "force" a connection by connecting the two units while a CD is spinning, but beyond connecting to Gracenotes and identifying the album, nothing happens.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? If so, were you able to solve it? As the SR15 and CD Ripper II represent such a large investment, if I can't get them to work together I may need to explore other options.

Thanks!

p.s. A&K support have been very responsive to me but with the holiday upon us, I'm not sure how long they'll take to get back to me, which is why I'm also asking here.

3. singleended5863
    MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR to ALL FRIENDS!
    D970A549-89F0-495F-90A1-152B51CE2621.gif

vbrel likes this.
  4. abitdeef
    Back at ya :) and good vibes to all! Happy holidays!

Um Rudolph what are you doing back there?

Perve. :L3000: :ksc75smile:

5. aklwarrior
    The SR15 eats easily my brand new Samsung EVO Plus 512GB micro sd card.

Afghan Vet, carps and szore like this.
  6. Billyblob
    Hi All,
    Newbie here with my first post. I’d like to wish you all a very Happy Christmas and a healthy and peaceful New Year. The man in the red clothes and white beard very kindly gave me an SR15 yesterday. My current cans are pretty poorly matched for this machine. Has anyone tried the AK with the specially tuned Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd gen? If so what are your thoughts? I need closed back/overear cans due to the fatal combination of family/psoriasis. Thanks in advance people, and happy listening for 2019.

7. abitdeef
    Hi, just a quick question. On installed apps is there anyway to stop then or get out of them other than force stop?

Thanks.

8. Giovanni58
    Hi
    I need some information, please. Does this device have the replay gain? Is the wheel precise? Does the software work well?
    Thanks in advance.

9. Gagaryn
    I don't think it has replay gain, the wheel is precise, has a great feel to it and the software is excellent.

10. Arghavan
    Hey guys,
    Can I sideload any android app in Sr15? I need to use a special VPN app to access tidal.

EDIT: I just found out that I can't. It's a shame. Any other DAP that you guys recommend? Hiby R6 Pro, iBasso Dx150 maybe?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  11. singleended5863
    I thought that Tidal is already installed in SR15 and did sideload spotify but some apps are restricted. Hopefully the next FW update will allow them?! :slight_smile:

12. Toddk
    I’m enjoying my new rig(Norma with se 535s).
    Would I benefit from changing the cord? Would a balanced cord be a big upgrade. Anyone have a suggestion for a better cord.

So far I think this setup checks all of my boxes. Very pocketable, easy to use, iems offer great passive noise cancellation. Just wish there was a bit more base. I’m open to iem tip suggestions as well!

13. singleended5863
    I have set up but using balanced 2.5 with a third party cable which I don’t remember the name of it.
    You can check out Triton Audio Cables located in WA or Effect Audio Ares II 4wire would give you more bass.

14. Toddk
    Yeah. I need more bass. My TFZ Galaxy T2’s are soooo much better bass, although maybe a bit muddier.
    I’m using the silicone tips instead of the foam on my 535s. I am reluctant to tweak the a&nirma eq, but what else is there for more bass.
    At $400, I’m trying hard to fall in love with the 535....

Is changing the cord going to be a noticeable improvement in bass?!
    Thanks for the help.

15. singleended5863
    It is definitely changing in sound with more bass if you are using pure copper Litz or OCC Cable. I am using comply tips with the 535. My SR15 is breaking in and sounds so tight and punchy. :smile_phones:

First

Back
39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59
Next

Last