1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by pitch_black, Jul 29, 2018.
First

Back
114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123
125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133
Next

Last
  1. rgutierr
    Hey guys, i have a friend who is debating getting this player-is there a head fi community review page for it? Have searched and couldnt find.

If not, im mainly looking for known negatives with it-i personally have tried it and loved it (did not purchase) but he is considering it or something around the similar price range.

Thanks in advance :)

2. jdmoorman
    I have migrated to the SR15 from the AK100 (stolen) and the AK120 (lost).
    With those two models, there was a System folder in the internal storage that contained the scan database named AKxxxSyncDB.db3, which was a SQLlite database. I could connect to it with SQLliteStudio and copy/past the data to excel, where I could copy/paste the file names into notepad (saved as a .pls file) to create playlists.
    In the AK100 and AK120 the external storage was /mnt/SD0/. I assumed the SR15 would be the same and copied all of my playlist files to the Playlist folder. The SR15 sees all of the playlists, but they all show to have 0 songs.
    Searching through the internal storage, I can't find a .db3 file to see what the path name is to edit the .pls files.
    BTW, my computer is Windows 10.

Does anyone know:
    1. What the external file path is?
    2. Where the music scan database is located?
    3. Can playlists be created on a computer and copied to the playlist folder? When I tried, the files end up empty.
    4. Can artists and/or albums be added to a playlist en mass or does each song have to be added individually?

The notion of manually recreating tens playlists which have from tens to thousands of songs through the UI may be a deal breaker.

Any help would be appreciated.:beyersmile:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  3. NewEve
    Hello everyone,

I’m currently the owner of a Sony ZX300 and I’m eyeing the sr15 principally due to its form factor (Fiio’s M11 is too big for my tastes).

Since I’ll use it as much with my local library as with songs downloaded locally from either Qobuz or Tidal my question is regarding the sr15 compatibility with these services.

How well does it work with them?

Any issues I should be aware of before I make a purchase?

Thanks in advance for your input :) !

4. JeroenTop
    Hi. Qobuz works just as on my phone.
    The only thing is the screen being a little smaller and harder to operate.
    Functionality is great otherwise.

NewEve likes this.
  5. NewEve
    Hey, thanks for the prompt reply and feedback :)

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  6. Parta
    After the update my ext usb dont work anymore. Mojo can not connect to my sr15. Is there anyway to downgrade the firmware

7. Onurb63
    Another issue after firmware update...lost balanced output :triportsad:

8. Onurb63
    Some message up "Try a soft reset before attempting the update. While the player is turned on, press and hold the power button for 10 - 15 seconds until the player shuts down. Once the player shuts down, press the power button again to turn it on" . After this , Mojo is recognized again !

9. stoney77
    After the firmware update, I also lost my Mojo's connection. The soft reset resolved the problem and everything's connected again. Many thanks for the help!!

10. ce3eoa
    I did the upgrade, and the Mojo works with SR15, but sometimes, the SR15 detects the MOJO, and the MOJO light turns on, but I don´t have audio. So I turn off and the on the SR15, and then it works ok

11. emrelights1973
    I use sr15 on the go and use it exclusely with Tidal offline, works like a charm

It is a nice small player and sounds very good with T2

12. Marcel.Ef2
    Looks like the new Firmware didn't fix the Tidal Track skipping. That's the only thing that seriously annoys me about the SR-15.

13. VegasC
    Same here with Spotify, the "skipping" really annoying .

14. noobandroid
    dap temperature seems higher after some time playing tidal offline, compared to previous firmware

15. Onurb63
    Someone have this issue ?

First

Back
114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123
125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133
Next

Last