1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by pitch_black, Jul 29, 2018.
First

Back
101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121
Next

Last
  1. singleended5863
    I believe SR15’s SQ is way better than Fiio X5 III and don’t own the Solaris which absolutely a good combination with SR15.

2. nekromantik
    I got polaris not solaris.
    polaris is the 2nd to bottom end of the campfire range.

3. singleended5863
    Polaris will be matched well with SR15 which has more neutral sound.

4. nekromantik
    thanks
    does neutron player work on high res files on here?

5. singleended5863
    I don’t use neutron player. However, APKure is not like Google Play which has lot of apps available. You can ask directly to Jason of A&K to find out. Good luck!

6. nekromantik
    @JasonNYC
    Hi there
    Will you be adding support for Neutron player?

7. JasonNYC
    Not sure if we can add it. Usually with paid apps, they need to be tied to a Google Play Store account and device registered with the Play Store, although it looks like you can buy directly from the app manufacturer on their website and bypass the Play Store. I will pass along to our dev team to look into.
    I know UAPP cannot be added since you can only purchase through the Google Play Store.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://instagram.com/astellnkern https://us.astellnkern.com support.inc@iriver.com
  8. singleended5863
    Hi Jason,
    I wonder why A&K doesn’t have Google Play too since I would like to have some Vietnamese musics to be streaming like X of NCT corporation. or Nhac.vn. Thank you.

9. nekromantik
    Yes Neutron you can buy from them without Play.
    Thanks let us know what dev team says

only thing worrying me is battery life.
    I get around 11 hours on my Fiio X5 iii with custom kernel.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  10. gazzington
    I'm still thinking of getting one of these for travel and work. Sp1000 ss is my home dap. I don't stream that much but am wondering in pure sq how this compares to ak70i and ii. My other option is a used ak320 it 380

11. ThomasHK
    SR15 is great for on the go. Sound quality significantly better than AK70. Not much experience with AK70ii, but when I heard it I didn't think it was much better than the original.

I can't speak for the 320/380, but I wouldn't get such old models.

12. emrelights1973
    It is a perfect little dap, just gets warm a little, it sound very good with my T2s

13. Scorpion1611
    I have only recently bought an SR15 and can honestly say it is an excellent DAP. The size is pocket friendly, it has a perfect weight that feels light but substantial at the same time.

I recently sold my SP1000 SS as I just could no longer justify the extremely high price and with a new model out already it was time to cut my losses!

I was worried about the drop in sound quality going from flagship to entry level, but this has proven to be unfounded. The SR15 is a wonderful warm but detailed sounding DAP and makes the picky Andromeda literally rock. Very pleased with the sound quality with everything I’ve put it’s way. Never harsh even with Oasis!!!

The Tidal streaming works perfectly and sounds great too. I have not side loaded any APK’s yet, happy with the inbuilt app. Don’t get an older player now, the new ones with side loaded apps etc are far superior.

No regrets in downsizing here and I heartily recommend the SR15, yes, it’s that good for the money.

Did have the original AK70 and this one smokes it!

emrelights1973 likes this.
  14. nekromantik
    by sideloading do you mean installing from the AK store?
    Or is there a way to install any APK on it?

15. Scorpion1611
    Yes, loading from AK store, they only approve certain apps. Most of the main Streaming services are there.

First

Back
101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110
112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121
Next

Last