Astell & Kern SE100: A&futura Impressions - Reviews
Sep 27, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #526 of 1,568
Many 846 owners found modified blue filter (removing foam) the best sound. Brightens up but retains deep tight bass without affecting mids.

You mean the filter inside the tube? How can you get it out?

Sep 27, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #527 of 1,568
You mean the filter inside the tube? How can you get it out?

Lift foam out of top of filter tube with a pin, careful not to try other end, tiny canvas-looking basket. Keep foam in small metal case provided and can easily be put back.

Sep 28, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #531 of 1,568
In sturdiness. Probably not a whole lot in sound quality but it feels solid and never feels like it is going to pop out. 2.5 feels flimsy compared.
Never had any problem with 2.5. I also have DX200 with 4.4 but don’t see it to be any better than 2.5. Just my two cents.

Sep 28, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #532 of 1,568
In sturdiness. Probably not a whole lot in sound quality but it feels solid and never feels like it is going to pop out. 2.5 feels flimsy compared.
I would like to say I tried 4.4 on Sony ZX300 with t8ie mkii, kinda disappointed compare to A&K players.

Sep 28, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #534 of 1,568
Are you talking about sound or the plug itself? Why would you prefer a 2.5 plug over 4.4 plug? And how do you like those t8ie? Thanks and rock on :L3000:
I was talking about the sound. I prefer 2.5 over 4.4 plug is that I think A&K players have more improvements than Sony player (Base on A&K ak320& ZX300). You can tell the difference because it is so easy to be discovered. Despite the fact that ak320 has a higher price, ak320 deliver more pure and clean sound, especially the harmonic. Sony does do some improvements, but not as much as ak player. I am not a bass head, because I think too much bass makes me missing tons of details, so I don't like sony's tuning(ZX300), and I think t8ie is a bass and vocal enhanced version of Xelento which makes it worse.

I personally think T8ie is a really good headphone. However, with enhanced vocal and bass which means its very picky when trying to pair with a dap. ak320 is good, but its usb-dac sucks. I guess is because it does not have the XMOS controller like the ak380.

My impression is base on Sony ZX300 and t8ie, I did not hear any other Sony dap before. So maybe other Sony players still can do a better job than 2.5 with other headphones in 4.4.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #535 of 1,568
Lift foam out of top of filter tube with a pin, careful not to try other end, tiny canvas-looking basket. Keep foam in small metal case provided and can easily be put back.

Yes, easy enough, thank you! Sure, the sound brightens up nicely, I like it. I suppose the foam functions as a wax guard?

Sep 29, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #536 of 1,568

@JasonNYC

You just need to see first :30seconds

This thread has 38,000 views. My vids featuring this SE100 have more views than 38,000 combined. It is a big problem. Please ask your Japan distrib or boss to send a replacement while they fix mine please. I use it in videos daily. Would like to take care of this ASAP.
Thanks and Aloha

Sep 29, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #537 of 1,568
giphy.gif

Sep 29, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #540 of 1,568
Today i test their Dap on my store. It's seems to ne ok my card and their Dap. I left my dap for SAV and they contact iriver in germany (for Europe). For an item buy last wednesday... i hope an exchange and not a repair... if it's a repair... i want an échange if i see one scratch ...

And you return your Dap too ?

did u get a replacement? any issues worh the replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back