Astell & Kern SE100: A&futura Impressions - Reviews
Jun 9, 2021 at 10:41 AM Post #1,501 of 1,568
Hi, with the Lossless and Hi-Res options now enabled by Apple in Apple Music on their devices, and with the indications that it should also be available in the Apple Music 3.5.0 APK build, does anyone have an update on when the app crashing issue is going to be investigated/resolved? I have the same issue as others on my SE200 and I was really looking forward to using the new Apple Music Lossless streams on my A&K player.
It is being looked into. Version 3.5.0 of the Apple Music Android app does not support lossless music, v. 3.6.0 is supposed to, but is not available yet.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Jun 9, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #1,502 of 1,568
Hi, with the Lossless and Hi-Res options now enabled by Apple in Apple Music on their devices, and with the indications that it should also be available in the Apple Music 3.5.0 APK build
As far as I know Apple wont be releasing the Hi-Res Audio Option for Android. There was a 3.6.0 Version planed but they discarded their plans. It will be only available for apple devices. But anyway the A&K Team should take a closer look why the app is crashing.
And the issue with Amazon Music is also not yet solved. The App is not recognizing the full device capabilities.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #1,503 of 1,568
As far as I know Apple wont be releasing the Hi-Res Audio Option for Android. There was a 3.6.0 Version planed but they discarded their plans. It will be only available for apple devices. But anyway the A&K Team should take a closer look why the app is crashing.
And the issue with Amazon Music is also not yet solved. The App is not recognizing the full device capabilities.
Looks like it is indeed on the way, here's hoping it's compatible with the A&K players!
https://9to5google.com/2021/06/14/apple-music-android-spatial-lossless/

Jun 22, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #1,505 of 1,568
The firmware updates released this week fixed the crashing issues with latest versions of the Apple Music app. I can also confirm version 3.6.0 beta which has lossless support is running without issue on AK players.
That’s tremendous news, thanks Jason! I saw that the 3.6 beta is available on APKMirror as an APKM (not XAPK) but I can’t work out how to install that on the SE200 as it doesn’t seem to support the APKMirror app. Is there a way of installing the beta, or do we need to wait for the official version?

Also can you confirm the SE200 correctly identifies & streams the new lossless/hi-res formats from the app?

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #1,506 of 1,568
Thanks Jason.

What’s the latest on Roon, or has it been abandoned?
Anyone have any info on this? It was advertised when I bought the SE100 and I have recently read two A&K models had the Roon upgrade in March.

Jul 2, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #1,507 of 1,568
Hi all,

I'm having problem accessing Settings menu, it just hang and prompted me to either Wait or Close it. I have tried plenty of times but still not successful.

I tried to do a factory reset by going into recovery mode and I managed to enter it, however, for some unknown reasons, I couldn't use both volume up/down buttons to do the selection (or am I missing something).

Everything else is working (eg. Playing songs) but just couldn't enter Settings, so not able to perform anything in that menu (eg. Firmware update).

Anyone can pls advice what should I do next?

Jul 5, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #1,508 of 1,568
Has there been a solution posted for this issue? I can't seem to find any...
I'm getting a little frustrated now. I pay almost $2k for DAP, and can't even import playlists?
Can anyone help? Please?
Ok, so I'm having regular problems in editing my m3u playlist. I don't always want to add new music to the end of my playlist, so would rather edit them. I use Notepad++ and make sure that the line endings are correct and that the encoding is correct (UTF-8). I copy the playlist file out of the SE100 and insert the new files, making sure the path is the same as the others.

Whenever I copy the file back to the SE100, the entire file is wiped to 0 songs.

Playlist as created on SE100:
w.PNG

Playlist edited to be copied back to SE100:
w1.PNG

If I copy the first file back to the device, it also gets zapped to 0 songs.

I'm mounting the SE100 using MTP. What am I doing wrong here?

Jul 5, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #1,509 of 1,568
Has there been a solution posted for this issue? I can't seem to find any...

Ok, so I'm having regular problems in editing my m3u playlist. I don't always want to add new music to the end of my playlist, so would rather edit them. I use Notepad++ and make sure that the line endings are correct and that the encoding is correct (UTF-8). I copy the playlist file out of the SE100 and insert the new files, making sure the path is the same as the others.

Whenever I copy the file back to the SE100, the entire file is wiped to 0 songs.

Playlist as created on SE100:
w.PNG

Playlist edited to be copied back to SE100:
w1.PNG

If I copy the first file back to the device, it also gets zapped to 0 songs.

I'm mounting the SE100 using MTP. What am I doing wrong here?
I'm getting a little frustrated now. I pay almost $2k for DAP, and can't even import playlists?
Can anyone help? Please?

Jul 6, 2021 at 5:39 AM Post #1,510 of 1,568
Can anyone help? Please?
What are you using to create pkaylists? I created a playlist in jriver media center. Exported it then transfered it over and works fine. I'm assuming you are trying to use local files on your computer that are also on the SD card on your player. The pkaylist is on the same SD card as yhe music?

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #1,511 of 1,568
@Dorsai: Using relative instead of absolute paths might help, provided the playlist files reside on the SD card, too.
I can also recommend "Tagscanner" for creating playlists.

Jul 6, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #1,512 of 1,568
Any updates on this?

What are you using to create pkaylists? I created a playlist in jriver media center. Exported it then transfered it over and works fine. I'm assuming you are trying to use local files on your computer that are also on the SD card on your player. The pkaylist is on the same SD card as yhe music?
I also use JRMC, then edit to conform to the path from Playlist folder (i.e. "/storage/emulated/0/Music/..."). When I transfer the playlists, they become 0kb files and have all paths removed. Others have posted with this problem as well. I also ensure UTF8 is maintained.

The most frustrating part is that when I first purchased it, it worked like all the other DACs: Playlists in "Music" folder with relative paths and it parsed them fine. It was with the first or second update (APK support) that broke it.

Nov 8, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #1,513 of 1,568
Unboxing + Impressions of the Japan LE Gundam model here..

Dec 26, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #1,514 of 1,568
Hello everyone. How powerful is SE100? Can I use medium dynamos or planars with it? For example sennheiser hd660s or tin hifi p2?

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #1,515 of 1,568
Hello everyone. How powerful is SE100? Can I use medium dynamos or planars with it? For example sennheiser hd660s or tin hifi p2?
Only with balanced Output and even then you have to pitch the Volume up. I would say something in the Range from 110 to 150 (150 Max Volume Step)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back