Astell&Kern SA700 - Past meets Present
May 28, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #319 of 705
Hello, I am a Hong Kong user, I just bought sa700. After I update 1.21cn, USB dac connects to hugo2 and it will make a noise when the screen is turned off. It is also the case to go to the store and change the new machine This situation)

Jun 1, 2020 at 7:01 AM Post #325 of 705
Before the beginning we have to check some prerequisite:
  • You need a Windows computer
  • You need a SDcard in your AK DAP
  • Make sure that your playlist is in ".m3u" format and the files encoding are in "Unicode (UTF-8)"
    why we need to use this encoding method, because I noticed that if i use another one, some audio files with special characters can not be found by the player.
  • Make sure that the path of your audio files in your ".m3u" files are the same on your DAP or the SDcard for exemple:
    on my SDcard i have a song named "HEAD-FI.FLAC" this file is in a folder named "HEAD-FI" witch is in "ROCK" folder
    so the path in my ".m3u" file will be: \ROCK\HEAD-FI\HEAD-FI.FLAC
    as you can see you don't need to add the ROOT name

So if everything is okay we can start:
  1. Go on your computer and export your playlists from your audio software in ".m3u" files and encoding in "Unicode (UTF-8)"
  2. Now connect your AK on your computer using the usb-c cable, you'll see a new device
    (Exemple from my computer)
    Capture d’écran 2020-06-01 à 12.33.28.png

3. Get in your SA700 device you'll see 2 Storage location (SD location and internal location)
    Capture d’écran 2020-06-01 à 12.32.21.png

4. Open both of them in two different windows
  5. On you SD location you can stay on the ROOT for you internal location (your AK device) go to the "Playlists folder"
  6. Drag and Drop your exported playlists in ".m3u" files and encoding in "Unicode (UTF-8)" on your SD location
    Watch out if your playlist is composed of more than 4000 songs Windows will block the transfer
  7. when you do that the icon of you playlist change for something like that
    Capture d’écran 2020-06-01 à 12.51.47.png

Watch out make sur that the file size is not at "0 ko" if it is try to rename your playlist, be sure that you are in ".m3u" or downsize your playlist
  8. Now you can Drag and Drop the playlist from your SD location to your internal location in the "Playlists folder"
  9. After the transfer you can disconnect your AK device, go to playlists and ENJOY

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #326 of 705
Before the beginning we have to check some prerequisite:
  • You need a Windows computer
  • You need a SDcard in your AK DAP
  • Make sure that your playlist is in ".m3u" format and the files encoding are in "Unicode (UTF-8)"
    why we need to use this encoding method, because I noticed that if i use another one, some audio files with special characters can not be found by the player.
  • Make sure that the path of your audio files in your ".m3u" files are the same on your DAP or the SDcard for exemple:
    on my SDcard i have a song named "HEAD-FI.FLAC" this file is in a folder named "HEAD-FI" witch is in "ROCK" folder
    so the path in my ".m3u" file will be: \ROCK\HEAD-FI\HEAD-FI.FLAC
    as you can see you don't need to add the ROOT name

So if everything is okay we can start:
  1. Go on your computer and export your playlists from your audio software in ".m3u" files and encoding in "Unicode (UTF-8)"
  2. Now connect your AK on your computer using the usb-c cable, you'll see a new device
    (Exemple from my computer)
    Capture d’écran 2020-06-01 à 12.33.28.png
  3. Get in your SA700 device you'll see 2 Storage location (SD location and internal location)
    Capture d’écran 2020-06-01 à 12.32.21.png
  4. Open both of them in two different windows
  5. On you SD location you can stay on the ROOT for you internal location (your AK device) go to the "Playlists folder"
  6. Drag and Drop your exported playlists in ".m3u" files and encoding in "Unicode (UTF-8)" on your SD location
    Watch out if your playlist is composed of more than 4000 songs Windows will block the transfer
  7. when you do that the icon of you playlist change for something like that
    Capture d’écran 2020-06-01 à 12.51.47.png
    Watch out make sur that the file size is not at "0 ko" if it is try to rename your playlist, be sure that you are in ".m3u" or downsize your playlist
  8. Now you can Drag and Drop the playlist from your SD location to your internal location in the "Playlists folder"
  9. After the transfer you can disconnect your AK device, go to playlists and ENJOY

Thanks, let me try in my SP1000M.

Jun 13, 2020 at 7:26 PM Post #328 of 705
Alright I’ve been scouring the web and it’s literally ridiculous how little that is written on this player. Can those who own it alongside any other source gear / players do some side by side comparisons? Ones I’d be most interested in are comparisons against: Mojo
Dx220
Sr25
Cayin n6ii
Kann cube
Sp1000m
FIIO m11 pro
FIIO m15

Jul 3, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #329 of 705
Hi there.
Long time lurking on this forum and here is my first post.
Seems to me there is not much interest on this player. And probably less since RS-25 released.
Anyway I'm really enjoying it for some months now and could not be happier. Usually coupled with a Kaisser Encore, Django and my beloved Etymotic ER4XR.
A very good user interface (I come from Sony ZX2) and lot of resources that all work flawless since first day. From my own collection of HD music on the SD to Tidal and NAS easily acces. Being the best part of all sound quality.
I encourage all members with this player make Alive this thread with your experience with It.
Best Regards.

Jul 3, 2020 at 11:25 AM Post #330 of 705
Hi there.
Long time lurking on this forum and here is my first post.
Seems to me there is not much interest on this player. And probably less since RS-25 released.
Anyway I'm really enjoying it for some months now and could not be happier. Usually coupled with a Kaisser Encore, Django and my beloved Etymotic ER4XR.
A very good user interface (I come from Sony ZX2) and lot of resources that all work flawless since first day. From my own collection of HD music on the SD to Tidal and NAS easily acces. Being the best part of all sound quality.
I encourage all members with this player make Alive this thread with your experience with It.
Best Regards.
Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I plan on upgrading my DAP soon and am torn between this one and the Lotoo Paw 6000. I'm sure I'd be happy with either one, but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back