Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Sep 15, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #3,696 of 5,831
New cable arrival. Great :)
20200915_083111.jpg
20200915_083941.jpg

Sep 16, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #3,697 of 5,831
Just thought I'd ask everyone here: how is Deezer and has anyone tried the APK on the SP2000? Thanks in advance! 🙏

Sep 21, 2020 at 4:34 AM Post #3,698 of 5,831
Thanks everyone for the battery information!

I observed something unusual! (Maybe because I faced it for the first time) I hadn't used my sp2k since about a week back then, so when I turned it on for listening, the battery drained quicker than usual and followed the same behaviour for 2-3 cycles. It's working optimally now.

Sep 24, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #3,699 of 5,831
I suggest you use the: Nature(1st), and Traditional(6th) because they are most different.
- For vocal: choose some Chinese or Katie Melua song ( lots of air, breath): Nature sound more airy and flow of air feelings, the consonant sound is faster. Traditional sound more intimate, voice are more dense, less air but more visible of voices.
- For piano: I often listen to La Campanella, Grieg Sonata. Nature sound better attach, note are faster on attach, more solid on high note, the low register show better stopping of note. Traditional: note are more round and thick, the low register show thicker texture and the stopping of note is slower/blurring. The feeling of melody, the unity of two melody of left and right hand is different between the two filter.
It hard to describe but for tradition, you can feel the sound at the center of the note. When in Nature, you can feel the attach more sooner, at the beginning of note, it is just micro part of second.
- For sound stage: The Traditional seem better render the image and draw close relation ship between fragment between frequency. The Nature sound stage seem scattering, diffuse detail, however, the better impulse response make treble seem have to contrast. You can choose some orchestral with large scale and high dynamic: Mephisto, For season( I have lots),
- Some harpsichord tracks show good example of texture, composition of tone( I have some J.S Bach)
- Some track which have drifting of string like "Moonlight on spring river-dali3", the Nature show better clarity and separation for each note of consecutive phrase.
- For drum: listen to some track of Telrac, Burmester collection CD, some track in The Lord of The Rings OST, which have high dramatic melody.
  • Nature more hard, physical feeling of strike.
  • Traditional: attach is blur, texture have more thick.
This impression base on my own listening experience, I have do some A/B listening on my own carefully to confirm my impression.
I also conduct some searching about these issue but hardy did any information has been found about the impression. There are some highlight info about measurement between filter implementation.
  • Tradition(sharp roll off): better performance, noise filter out, however, there are no between frequency domain. Its pre, post ringing may make the sound less clarity, especially in tiny detail level.
  • Nature(slow roll off): phase shift, best impulse response ( quick attach)
But the gear precision level can affect the perception, if your gear have very long decay in certain frequency ( EA lengendX- bass driver ) for example, too long decay make it impossible to hear the different of start/stopping note in certain frequency.
Hope that can help.
so u use only the first and the sixth, what about the other filters

So u say the sixth option which is sharp roll off has more body and richness with more dense vocals, but less sound stage

Sep 24, 2020 at 2:46 PM Post #3,704 of 5,831

Users who are viewing this thread

Back