Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Dec 7, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #1,846 of 5,831
People with degrees, don't lie or exaggerate sometimes like the rest of us?

I was specifically reacting to the (insulting) snake oil comment, by pointing out that Cardas is an engineering-based company, not a marketing-focused company.

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:19 PM Post #1,847 of 5,831
12B0C38F-910E-4853-A743-0C9F0499E1F8.jpeg DAD69B79-3FEF-49DA-A722-8E4825916158.jpeg @arftech all you have to do is open this flap on the side and then turn the DAP to the other side and push it out. Relatively easy to me.

Dec 7, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #1,848 of 5,831
I havent heard a reasonable explanation as to why it isnt possible for the sound of this chasis grounded device to be affected by a case, even from old mate electrical engineer who trashed cardas for engaging in a little bit of light hearted capitalism.

Guilty until proven innocent:laughing:

+1 on dignis being easier, if you get it I highly recommend using some saphir renovateur to nourish the leather. This case is a real piece of art.

Dec 7, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #1,849 of 5,831
I havent heard a reasonable explanation as to why it isnt possible for the sound of this chasis grounded device to be affected by a case, even from old mate electrical engineer who trashed cardas for engaging in a little bit of light hearted capitalism.

Guilty until proven innocent:laughing:

+1 on dignis being easier, if you get it I highly recommend using some saphir renovateur to nourish the leather. This case is a real piece of art.

2 things...

1) If the sound really changes from the case being on or off the device, then you should be able to keep the device playing, and hear the sound change as you slide it into and out of the case. Does this happen?

2) If the case really changes the sound, then another thing that should have an even bigger effect... play the device while it's laying on a table without a case. While it's playing, pick the device up in your bare hands. Notice any change in sound? You grounding the device by touching it with your bare hands should make a bigger difference than the leather case, in the grounding of the device... if the case ground actually made any difference in the sound.

Last edited:
Dec 9, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #1,852 of 5,831
This is in the people are funny department. Visited another forum to chime in that I was glad they're enjoying their DAP and received ridicule in return.
Poor baby , they called you a bad name ? You want a pat in the back from this thread ?

Dec 9, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #1,854 of 5,831
Dec 9, 2019 at 7:20 AM Post #1,856 of 5,831
What in the hell is wrong with you? Point out the post for this imagined disagreement...
Stick with the thread. This thread is focuses on the sp2000 not about what you felt on another thread. Have you tried the sp2000 ? What did you think about it ?

Dec 9, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #1,857 of 5,831
Question to Dignis case owners.
Are there any issues with dap heating while listening hi-res files? Seems like the device is well packed and has poor cooling ability inside the case.

I've ordered Dignis Patina case and have some thrilling thoughts about.

Dec 9, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #1,858 of 5,831
Dignis case fits well. it is easy to insert / remove from the case. I have not noticed any heat issues. the Dignis case only adds a flap down the side and top coverage. otherwise the case has the same coverage as factory. Never tested the heat issue suppose I could break out the FLIR and test but can't see this as an issue. I think you would have a greater heat impact from carrying in a pocket vs table top.

I think the Dignis case will provide a better long term cary solution. the factory case does not have support for the right top edge of the leather case on the screen side. with time could lift from the player over time. its a small issue but the risk does exist. cosmetic issue but an unsightly one if it happens.

the one item that should be noted is that the Dignis case will not allow the fitting of PEF21 styled cable, where the factory case will. The top of the case blocks the metal block that holds the two jacks from seating correctly. Easy solution - remove the player form the case when using the PEF21.

Dec 9, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #1,860 of 5,831
Question to Dignis case owners.
Are there any issues with dap heating while listening hi-res files? Seems like the device is well packed and has poor cooling ability inside the case.

I've ordered Dignis Patina case and have some thrilling thoughts about.

I've had mine ran mine non-stop to see what kind of battery life I could get. It got a bit warm, but no where near "hot". The body is like a big block of heat-sink, that should improve things a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back