Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Oct 22, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #1,580 of 5,839
So I like to listen to sp2000 but also move around house with iems in ( occasional full headphones)

bout find trying to put it put in a pant pocket with a headphone jack that sticks straight up ( no right angle), I get worried when it leans in pocket it might snap-- anyone have a way to carry on waist or similar so it'd be more secure?

Oct 22, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #1,581 of 5,839
So I like to listen to sp2000 but also move around house with iems in ( occasional full headphones)

bout find trying to put it put in a pant pocket with a headphone jack that sticks straight up ( no right angle), I get worried when it leans in pocket it might snap-- anyone have a way to carry on waist or similar so it'd be more secure?
Just place on a strong table.

Oct 22, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #1,582 of 5,839
Just place on a strong table.
giphy.gif
?

Oct 22, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #1,583 of 5,839

Dignis Borsa Pouch has a belt loop

Oct 23, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #1,584 of 5,839
New firmware for the SP2K. 1.13.
If anyone updated the new firmware 1.13 please share your impressions of any changes that you can perceive because sometimes it is hard to go back to a previous version especially if the changes is not to your liking.

Oct 23, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #1,585 of 5,839
...but find trying to put it put in a pant pocket with a headphone jack that sticks straight up ( no right angle), I get worried when it leans in pocket it might snap-- anyone have a way to carry on waist or similar so it'd be more secure?

Solution :

Capture d’écran 2019-10-23 à 23.19.24.png

Oct 24, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #1,587 of 5,839
Well, I was blessed for the second time in two weeks with DAPs with problem.

First, the R2R2000, with some kind of problem in the screen, and to play files. Now, the SP2000 that I got yesterday.
Now I have a thunder-rainbow DAP, SHE-RA edition :p

I did other video, but it's very big and I need to upload.

Oct 24, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #1,588 of 5,839
nyone have a way to carry on waist or similar so it'd be more secure?

I carry my Cayin N8 Brass Black around the house in a small high quality leather bag with a shoulder strap. The top of the bag sits just above my hip but the strap can be adjusted lower or higher, as you wish. It measures 16cms tall, 17cms wide & 8cms deep but the top closes naturally unless you open it. The zip has two openers so you can decide how closed you want the top of the bag to be. The height results in my N8 sitting just below the opening and the vertical cable access to the 4.4mm balanced output comes out and across my chest to my Utopias. The width & depth mean that I can easily slip the N8 in & out. I run the N8 in balanced so like my QP2R it runs hotter so I really didn't want either DAP in a trouser pocket. And regardless of what you are doing around the house, your DAP is in a fixed place leaving trouser pockets available for a phone and house keys. The bag cost £30 and is made from a classy dark brown Italian leather.
I have recently taken delivery of a 75cms OIDIO Sound Mongrel Series balanced cable and this is the perfect length for using the N8 with the bag. Before the new OIDIO Sound cable, I was using a balanced cable with a 2.5mm termination into a 4.4mm adapter and I experienced occasional sound problems using the adapter. Adapters are not the way to go.

https://oidiosound.co.uk/headphone-cables/focal/mongrel-focal-utopia.html

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #1,589 of 5,839
If anyone updated the new firmware 1.13 please share your impressions of any changes that you can perceive because sometimes it is hard to go back to a previous version especially if the changes is not to your liking.
Is the new firmware 1.13 that good that no one has time to share a thought on how it sounds or improvement from previous version?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back