Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Dec 11, 2019 at 6:07 AM Post #1,876 of 5,840
Does SP2000 need burn-in? In what time it would achieve a stable mode in your opinion?
Sony recommends 200 hours of burn-in their capacitors and some people noticed further sonic improvements even after 500+ hours.

Dec 11, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #1,881 of 5,840
I had a DX220 that actually included a burn-in cable from Ibasso. Wonder why they included that?
To play with. I had a few daps that opened up after 50 hrs. I also had daps that sounded the same even after five years.

Dec 11, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #1,882 of 5,840
When I do file transfer from my Windows PC to SP2000's internal and SD card, halfway through file transfer, it will say device not responding or disconnected. I tried file transfer on two different computers, and the same situation occurs. Tried different type C cable, and the same issue occurs.

you may want to reduce the file size of your transfer. I have found with an apple to AK I can not select my entire music folder. I have to transfer say 20 or so albums at a time.

Dec 11, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #1,883 of 5,840
Does SP2000 need burn-in? In what time it would achieve a stable mode in your opinion?
Sony recommends 200 hours of burn-in their capacitors and some people noticed further sonic improvements even after 500+ hours.

Some say yes others say no. When I 1st got my player I immediately used it in the car on its line out setting. It was good but not great. drove for 1/2 hour and then stoped. I reconnected it when I drove back home and it was much better. Keep in mind the line out is full power.

Burning in does not cost you anything so load a ton of music to the player. select shuffle, plug in some headphones and let it play for an evening. you don't have to be listing to it just let it run. Now there is a benefit to letting the battery drain low and then recharging it. this will often "stretch" the batteries capacity so it will hold more power and last longer.

You probably won't see much on this battery "stretching" in this form, but if your are a remote control car / airplane guy those RC forums are packed with battery stretching advice. RC charges often have programing routines that does this for you.

So plug it in and let it play. that way you're covered either way.

Dec 11, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #1,884 of 5,840
Some say yes others say no. When I 1st got my player I immediately used it in the car on its line out setting. It was good but not great. drove for 1/2 hour and then stoped. I reconnected it when I drove back home and it was much better. Keep in mind the line out is full power.

Burning in does not cost you anything so load a ton of music to the player. select shuffle, plug in some headphones and let it play for an evening. you don't have to be listing to it just let it run. Now there is a benefit to letting the battery drain low and then recharging it. this will often "stretch" the batteries capacity so it will hold more power and last longer.

You probably won't see much on this battery "stretching" in this form, but if your are a remote control car / airplane guy those RC forums are packed with battery stretching advice. RC charges often have programing routines that does this for you.

So plug it in and let it play. that way you're covered either way.
Or 1 track in repeat.

Dec 14, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #1,886 of 5,840
Guys, how do I setup the 2000 as a USB DAC to connect to my Mac to play music? Don't I have to toggle the "External USB" after I swipe down? When I press External USB nothing happens. What am I neglecting to do?

Dec 14, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #1,887 of 5,840
Guys, how do I setup the 2000 as a USB DAC to connect to my Mac to play music? Don't I have to toggle the "External USB" after I swipe down? When I press External USB nothing happens. What am I neglecting to do?
You are supposed to toggle the USB Mode. Not the External USB icon which is if you connect sp2000 as transport to an external DAC.

Dec 14, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #1,890 of 5,840
After that you have to set Sound to sp2000 on your system settings or whichever audio program you are using.

The thing is my Mac sees the SP2000 in “Sound” in System Preferences.

Usually Macs don’t require drivers but do I have to download one? This is strange because it’s usually plug and play with Macs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back