Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Dec 6, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #1,831 of 5,839
Grats!

Mine is "on truck for delivery" this morning.

I've never had a DAP with this much internal memory. My initial plan is to load all the stuff I normally listen to, internally, and save at least 128GB for Tidal download space. I've got a 400GB card for the rest. Have about 100GB of hi-res demo files, probably a good time to sort out the junk.

Grats!

Mine is "on truck for delivery" this morning.

I've never had a DAP with this much internal memory. My initial plan is to load all the stuff I normally listen to, internally, and save at least 128GB for Tidal download space. I've got a 400GB card for the rest. Have about 100GB of hi-res demo files, probably a good time to sort out the junk.

Congrats to you too! Fun times ahead. I'm usually helter skelter about music file organization and it'll be good to be a better organized.

Dec 6, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #1,832 of 5,839
Anybody have any listening experience with Alo Audio SXC 8 IEM Balanced cable? A set came this week and I'm itching to pair them up with the Andromedas to run balance out of the SP2000. Also received a Cardas GraveDigger 2.5mm balanced cable for the LCD-2 off eBay. Gonna be a fun evening if everything goes well. Lord I hope so because my original SP1000 had issues day one and had to send it back but my dealer really stepped up. Thought about the SP2000 and said what the hell!

Dec 6, 2019 at 2:55 PM Post #1,833 of 5,839
Anybody have any listening experience with Alo Audio SXC 8 IEM Balanced cable? A set came this week and I'm itching to pair them up with the Andromedas to run balance out of the SP2000. Also received a Cardas GraveDigger 2.5mm balanced cable for the LCD-2 off eBay. Gonna be a fun evening if everything goes well. Lord I hope so because my original SP1000 had issues day one and had to send it back but my dealer really stepped up. Thought about the SP2000 and said what the hell!
Just saw in your signature that you have DAP - SP2000 CC, is it a new product reference ? or do you mean the Cu version ?
i habe the Alo Audio SXC 8 IEM Balanced cable paired with Jomo audio trinity ss : and it matches very well with my sp200cu.
initially i paid 377 USD for the 16 Gold alo audio cable, but when i received the package, on the cable box it was indicated Gold 16 2Pin, 2.5 mm balanced, but inside the box, it was the reference 8 cable !!! i contacted them, and they said that, it was a mistake from their stock. They no longer make the 16 gold cable, 2 pins, 2.5 mm balance connector.
and then they could not find a unit for me. proposed me to keep the Reference 8 cable and be fully refunded. i finally accepted, and they reimbused me. This kind of error is really crazy from alo audio.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #1,834 of 5,839
Guess now while you are listening to music you can rub a beat out from your dap. The old in out with the dap case.
:) this is head fi so expect the unexpected, and a non believer after a while becomes the most believer in all the insane claims. Remember how I was always advocating using eq, now I do not even touch EQ. Remember how I used to be a non cable believer now I like cables. Now the new trend is naked vs covered dap :)

Next will be the temperature in the room and how it will affect the sound coming out of a dap, then will come how your dap will behave to your blood pressure and body temperature . Its head fi man :)

Dec 6, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #1,835 of 5,839
Just saw in your signature that you have DAP - SP2000 CC, is it a new product reference ? or do you mean the Cu version ?
i habe the Alo Audio SXC 8 IEM Balanced cable paired with Jomo audio trinity ss : and it matches very well with my sp200cu.
initially i paid 377 USD for the 16 Gold alo audio cable, but when i received the package, on the cable box it was indicated Gold 16 2Pin, 2.5 mm balanced, but inside the box, it was the reference 8 cable !!! i contacted them, and they said that, it was a mistake from their stock. They no longer make the 16 gold cable, 2 pins, 2.5 mm balance connector.
and then they could not find a unit for me. proposed me to keep the Reference 8 cable and be fully refunded. i finally accepted, and they reimbused me. This kind of error is really crazy from alo audio.

It’s the copper Cu...my bad. Got the cable on sale from Alo/Campfire. Nice little savings on it.

Dec 7, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #1,837 of 5,839
Yeah, the stock case is extremely tight.

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Dec 7, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #1,840 of 5,839
Package received, box opened, battery charged, apps setup (pretty much).

Initial impressions:
Wow, this thing is a beast. I wouldn't want to drop it on my foot.
Really like the "locked" OS, that it is basically an audio player only. You don't want background apps using the battery or CPU. Or storage. 512GB is a lot, but that's for music!
Installing the Open APP stuff is a bit convoluted/complicated. The SP2000 isn't listed in the "Supported Players" page, but it is supported. I've got Amaozn Music, Tidal and FM working. Some apps don't show up, even when downloaded.
The music player will take some getting used to. Hopefully you can create playlists from the filesystem when connected to a PC. Haven't tried yet.
Button configuration/placement is quite nice. 3 simple buttons for play/pause, previous and next. Wheel with push function for power/screen and volume.
Damn, it's got some power. Drives my HD650's (connected via 2.5mm balanced) without any issue at all. No need to push the EQ, or set "high gain" or keep the volume over 100. Quite impressive.
Sound quality: Just.... WOW. I have never heard a DAP with this combination of low-noise-floor, power, channel separation, and depth. Shockingly good.
I could actually use my HD650's as my main headphones with this. It's like connecting them to a stack with a good amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back