Astell&Kern Launches KANN ALPHA Digital Audio Player
Mar 4, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #2,073 of 2,082
Mar 4, 2024 at 6:33 PM Post #2,075 of 2,082
:chupa de cerveza:

Mar 8, 2024 at 7:02 AM Post #2,076 of 2,082
Hey guys!
New owner of an Alpha and I'm very impressed with the SQ when comparing it to my DX314!
I have a question.
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong when trying Line Out?
I have it on low gain, but when I turn on line out, nothing really happens. The volume is still adjustable. Only in the volume screen it says line out. Is this normal? I don't see the point of using the line out function lol. In the settings I have it at the max 2V option. I will try again today but I wanted to ask.

Mar 8, 2024 at 7:05 AM Post #2,077 of 2,082
Hey guys!
New owner of an Alpha and I'm very impressed with the SQ when comparing it to my DX314!
I have a question.
I have it on low gain, but when I turn on line out, nothing really happens. The volume is still adjustable. Only in the volume screen it says line out. Is this normal? I don't see the point of using the line out function lol. In the settings I have it at the max 2V option. I will try again today but I wanted to ask.
Once you turn on line out, turn the volume knob until you see line out in the middle of the screen. Press the line out on the screen to enable it.

The extra step is to prevent accidently turning on line out with headphones on.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Mar 8, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #2,078 of 2,082
Once you turn on line out, turn the volume knob until you see line out in the middle of the screen. Press the line out on the screen to enable it.

The extra step is to prevent accidently turning on line out with headphones on.
LOL thanks a bunch!!! Now that I know that, it is indeed a great safety function. And I'm glad it was just me not knowing and it's not a glitch :L3000:

Mar 8, 2024 at 12:55 PM Post #2,079 of 2,082
Hey guys!
I have a question.
Alpha is an excellent SQ player. Test mid gain with headphones and IEMs. I always prefer medium gain because of the extra body the music takes on. It would be very good if you could share a comparison with DX314 here. :beerchug:

Mar 8, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #2,080 of 2,082
Alpha is an excellent SQ player. Test mid gain with headphones and IEMs. I always prefer medium gain because of the extra body the music takes on. It would be very good if you could share a comparison with DX314 here. :beerchug:
I definitely will!
So far my work week has been crazy so I haven't had much time to compare. And the little while I did, was only in low gain. I'll definitely give mid gain a try. Hopefully the battery does not take a hit compared to low?

Mar 8, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #2,081 of 2,082
I definitely will!
So far my work week has been crazy so I haven't had much time to compare. And the little while I did, was only in low gain. I'll definitely give mid gain a try. Hopefully the battery does not take a hit compared to low?
The battery will take a hit with medium and high gain, but it's something you definitely want to do.

Mar 10, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #2,082 of 2,082
Been testing the Kann Alpha a few days and I'm very happy with it. It's so liberating to have only my music and not have to worry about android draining the battery. Not needing to leave the DAP on Airplane mode for worrying about the connections impacting the battery.

By the way... this combo, with this song pictured... the bass is surreal. :ksc75smile:

1000020943.jpg
1000020942.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back