1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Astell&Kern Launches Four New Products at High End 2019 Munich

First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9
Next

Last
  1. szore
    https://audio46.com/

There is a nice Irish Pub directly across the street... :wink:

ledzep likes this.
  2. szore
    The specs say the 97 is 'voltage' and 99 is 'current' wonder what the difference is...

3. bflat
    Did AK really need to design a new chassis for the SP2K? The cost of the new tooling and scale surely adds up to a good chunk of the overall cost which of course gets passed on to the consumer. Anybody else want an SP2K in a SP1K chassis but priced at $2999?

xxx1313 likes this.
  4. szore
    It's a luxury item... No one has a gun to your head...

5. bflat
    No doubt that would be the answer if I asked an AK rep. Well, except the gun part.

szore likes this.
  6. ledzep
    Wife's off clothes and bag shopping tomorrow, looks like a good time to hit the hifi shops in her absence !

szore likes this.
  7. bflat
    Don't forget, the beauty of buying from a physical store and salesperson is that everything is negotiable! :gs1000smile: It's a miracle how "open box" discounted items magically appear exactly when you need them.

raypin likes this.
  8. szore
    If i was rich I would buy 1000 sp2000 and distribute them on the sidewalk... alas...

9. szore
    https://www.inlivingstereo.com/

10. szore
    Glad to see someone hear still has a sense of humor...

11. jwbrent
    I’m not sure where you read that, but here’s the spec from A&K’s main site:

Output level on SP2000: Unbalance 3.0Vrms / Balance 6.0Vrms (Condition No Load); SP1000 output: 2.2Vrms / Balance 3.9Vrms (Condition No Load).

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  12. szore
    I
    This my earlier post... see link

Looking at the specs between DACS 99 and 97, it says the 97 'output architecture' is voltage, and on the 99 current. Anyone knows what this means exactly?

https://www.akm.com/akm/en/product/datasheet1/?partno=AK4499EQ

13. szore
    better yet...
    output.jpg

junix likes this.
  14. jwbrent
    Current output on amplifiers is viewed by many in the field to be a superior method of amplification. If my memory is correct, there is one less conversion from voltage to current in the signal path, providing lower distortion and greater resolution. Please chime in if my memory is off.

Deftone and szore like this.
  15. raypin
    Mm....makes sense to introduce the amp for SP 1000. Allows existing owners to keep their SP1K competitive (extend life cycle).

Re: 4.4 vs. 2.5, just buy an adaptor. Have one from Personal Audio SG to port my many 2.5 mm cables to my Sony machines (WM1A and DMP Z1).

Last edited: May 10, 2019
First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7 8 9
Next

Last