Astell & Kern Kann MAX
Jul 6, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #91 of 549
IMHO opinion I dont think it can hold ground against DX320 but you will tell me am I right or wrong.
It's fine that you really like m17 and dx320 'maybe he kann max better and maybe less good,
That's not the point here at all.
No one thinks it's the best in the world, just have fun and that's it.
For my ears the kann max is great, and it does not add that there is another player beter/ less good, what is also that it is not sure that indeed the m17 / dx320 is better. I saw in one of the reviews that she preferred kann max over dx320 (in the end only my ears will determine ...)
If it's just to know if it's worth you to buy the kann max after you have m17 it's something else.
Apologies for the broken English.

Jul 6, 2022 at 8:16 PM Post #93 of 549
My Miter case arrived today, now I just need the Kann Max. It is slated for tomorrow.
After determining Dignis has nothing in the works for KMax I opted for the AK Italian leather. The blue-green is a nice color. Nevermind the cost. OTT obvio. But after spending for KMax I’m gonna flinch over that much more? Anyways the feel is also satisfying, fits snug. Side button access less than ideal is the only drawback. Be nice to see miter pics.

Jul 6, 2022 at 9:05 PM Post #94 of 549
20220706_210029~2.jpg20220706_210150~2.jpg20220706_210144~2.jpg20220706_210138~2.jpg

Jul 8, 2022 at 6:59 AM Post #96 of 549
My miter case has arrived, looks good, regarding the quality I have no way of knowing until time passes,
What is certain is that the case is a must for kann max, it is much more comfortable to hold now.

Jul 8, 2022 at 10:46 PM Post #97 of 549
My unit was set to arrive on the 7th. UPS has messed things up. I have no idea where my Kann Max is.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2022 at 12:48 PM Post #101 of 549
Here we go!

20220711_151510.jpg

I actually love the sound. It was very good stright out of the box but slighlty sharp in hights.
After 3h the hights become sweet and natural.
I didnt expect this kind of signature. I always thought that the Kann series is different, flatter and more reference.
This boy sounds more like a typical A&K on AKMs for me. Smooth, deep, clean, precise with big, deep, punchy sub bass.
Also layering is great, it reminds me very much of the sp1k but with wider soundstage. Great, clean dynamics too.
Very very pleased.

Wifi works very well, im getting strong signal, no interruptions.
UI is what it is, you know AK:) Doesnt even compare to the dx320 smoothness and speed.

Its getting quite hot with the first use.

I like the sound more than on the dx320 with stock amp. But imho they are on the same level, just different in presentation.
Ibasso is focused more on mids and great texturing. Is very rich when the vocals hit. It has more mid bass than sub. Trebles are becoming more similar now on the AK- sweet, smooth, detailed.

Max has more sub bass presence- i love it! Very satisfying. Dx320 lacked a bit in this area.
Vocals are bit smaller on the AK but bit cleaner and very well separated, having their very precise place on a stage.

Its a keeper for me.

Jul 11, 2022 at 12:57 PM Post #102 of 549
Here we go!

20220711_151510.jpg

I actually love the sound. It was very good stright out of the box but slighlty sharp in hights.
I didnt expect this kind of signature. I always thought that the Kann series is different, flatter and more reference.
This boy sounds more like a typical A&K on AKMs for me. Smooth, deep, clean, precise with big, deep, punchy sub bass.
Also layering is great, it reminds me very much of the sp1k but with wider soundstage. Great, clean dynamics too.
Very very pleased.

UI is what it is, you know AK:) Doesnt even compare to the dx320 smoothness and speed.

I like the sound more than on the dx320 with stock amp. But imho they are on the same level, just different in presentation.
Ibasso is focused more on mids and great texturing. Is very rich when the vocals hit. It has more mid bass than sub. Trebles are becoming more similar now on the AK- sweet, smooth, detailed.

Max has more sub bass presence- i love it! Very satisfying. Dx320 lacked a bit in this area.
Vocals are bit smaller on the AK but bit cleaner and very well separated, having their very precise place on a stage.

Its a keeper for me.
Glad to hear you enjoy it ... 😉👌

Jul 11, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #103 of 549
Here we go!

20220711_151510.jpg

Very very pleased.

Its a keeper for me.
So are you selling ibasso for MAXX?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back