BANNED
Caution: Bad Sales

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-05-12-20-11-46-69_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-05-12-20-11-46-69_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 4, 2022 at 8:26 AM Post #6 of 549
Hi, what are your thoughts around sound quality and sound signature? I already own both Kann Cube and Kann Alpha and wondering if there is any noticeable difference making it a considerable upgrade in my case?
No clue since I haven't tried it myself
How much will it sound different from the Kann Alpha ?
2 x ES9068AS vs 4 x ES9038Q2M ... 🤔

Jun 4, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #7 of 549
Hi, what are your thoughts around sound quality and sound signature? I already own both Kann Cube and Kann Alpha and wondering if there is any noticeable difference making it a considerable upgrade in my case?
Hi do you find Cube to Alpha and improvement in terms of tonality and musicality?
I found the Cube is too clinical and "dry"

Jun 5, 2022 at 6:53 PM Post #8 of 549
Hi do you find Cube to Alpha and improvement in terms of tonality and musicality?
I found the Cube is too clinical and "dry"
Hi, it all boils down to the combination of your headphones characteristic, headphones cable, DAC filter, DAP gain level and whether or not you are on balanced output. Already spent hours trying all permutations and results of my non-scientific testing lead me to the conclusion that when both play using the same DAC filter they sound very similar. To me Cube sounds better in terms of soundstage, positioning and etc, however depending on headphones, DAC filter, output and so on you can find them sounding better with various headphones and music genre. I prefer Cube for sound quality, but Alpha for its battery life and dimensions. Hope the new Kann Max will inherit all DAC filters from Cube (unfortunately, Alpha has a number of missing ones, including the one I like best) and the battery life and dimensions from Alpha. Folks tend to be saying that these DAC filters don't contribute much to the specific of sound signature, however to me these are the game changer. In terms of musicality and tonality of Kann Cube to me, it sounds more than ok when paired with open back ZMF Aeolus, copper balanced cable, mid gain and default DAC filter.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #10 of 549
...another question is how the new Kann MAX compares with Fiio M17???
I wonder too, can it compete to M17 regarding SQ?

Currently rocking M17 and leaving me speechless every time over and over again, that power, that fidelity, details, boldness, stage, details... Lows like a 🚚

Jun 15, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #11 of 549
My Kann Max landed today, first impressions are excellent, seems to have a bit more width to the soundstage than my Kann Cube. Vocals are very clear and it is easy to follow individual instruments within the soundscapes it creates, I have Beyerdynamic T5 gen 3 over ears on a balanced cable and Shure SE846’s Dsd recordings sound especially clear.

Jun 15, 2022 at 8:58 PM Post #12 of 549
My Kann Max landed today, first impressions are excellent, seems to have a bit more width to the soundstage than my Kann Cube. Vocals are very clear and it is easy to follow individual instruments within the soundscapes it creates, I have Beyerdynamic T5 gen 3 over ears on a balanced cable and Shure SE846’s Dsd recordings sound especially clear.
do you find it is more power than cube?

Jun 16, 2022 at 2:14 AM Post #13 of 549
do you find it is more power than cube?
Yes it is more powerful, on high gain with the Shure 846 on the Cube I normally listen around 80, whereas on the Max I tend to have the volume around 72, although I tend to believe this is due to the wider perceived soundstage and clarity, it is easier to follow individual instruments and vocals appear even clearer in my opinion even on dense tracks. You could say I’m very pleased with it.

Jun 16, 2022 at 7:47 PM Post #15 of 549
Can you let me know what DAC filters are available on the menu? Tks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back