Astell & Kern Kann MAX
Jun 25, 2022 at 9:03 PM Post #31 of 549
I listen to vocals a lot esp jazz vocals and found that the AKM on se200 is somewhat tuned less clinical than the ess counterpart on the 200! And when using the AKM sharp roll-off filter it gives to my ears a more dynamically vibrant vocals! Esp when a singer sings with more gradual volumes: from say soft progressively to louder with a finer granularity of loudness! At a lower singing loudness volumes you can feel a singer whispers. Such performances is the kind of vocals I'm going after, all the way from recordings to dac to amp to HP/IEM selection and of course the fine tuning of gains along the chain to give me the desired result. The aforesaid filter somewhat gives a an approximation of such sound / listening experience!

Jun 25, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #32 of 549
I’ve had my Cube for 3 years now and still think it’s great. I’m tempted to upgrade though and looking at Kann Max or maybe SP2000T, has anyone compared these two or compared SP2000T to the Cube?

Jun 26, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #34 of 549
KMax has “crashed” two times now.
While adjusting gain levels during music playback player loses all memory of sd card music library and automatically re-scans from scratch. Time consuming and irritating. Not sure what’s going on

Jun 26, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #35 of 549
KMax has “crashed” two times now.
While adjusting gain levels during music playback player loses all memory of sd card music library and automatically re-scans from scratch. Time consuming and irritating. Not sure what’s going on
Try updating and factory reset. This is new device, software surely has some room for updates, hopefully AK will release them quickly..

Jun 27, 2022 at 2:29 AM Post #42 of 549
Ummm, before reading of this issue with the Kann max, I read every post on the SP2KT discussion and its got a couple of issues too, maybe I’ll hold off for a while. I’m sure AK will sort these out soon.

Try a message to https://www.head-fi.org/members/jasonnyc.479210/
Jason is an Astell and Kern representative on this forum
B145B8ED-6F3F-415D-987B-7C0720A64CBE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back