Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
Feb 25, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #1,426 of 2,698
Hello I recently returned to the world of high fidelity and I bought a Kann that I use with the DEnon 7200.
I have a doubt and I need a comparison with other kann owners; the wi-fi indicator on the display almost always indicates 1 or 2 lines at max 4 lines only if it is very close to the access point. With all my other devices I always have a full field. Does it happen to you too? Thanks for your kindness.
Rob

Have not faced any wifi signal issue. Try with your friend or other hotspot and see if you still get low signal strength.

Feb 25, 2018 at 5:23 AM Post #1,428 of 2,698
Thanks Shetzu.
I tried both at home and in the office and the result is identical; I think there is a problem about kann; I'll return it to Amazon and I'll send a new one.

Yes get it exchanged.

Feb 26, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #1,429 of 2,698
With AK Connect you can stream any audio source supported by Kann. You can also connect to any wifi source like hotspot and use it for wifi streaming. But let me tell you the built in Kann android system is limited and though I have personally not tried the Tidal streaming do let us know how goes .Cheers
I can’t figure out how to stream audio from an iOS device unless the music is already on the device. How do you stream from an app? If that works, it would be awesome. For instance, you could stream from a music app that is unsupported on the KANN (like nugs.net) to the KANN.

For what it’s worth, as an aside: I am finding that pair of the Audeze LCD2C and the KANN to be excellent. The slightly north of neutral sound of the Audeze softens and richens up the delivery of the KANN, somewhat ameliorating the dry nature I hear of the KANNs internal amp. I really enjoy the two together!

Feb 26, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #1,430 of 2,698
I can’t figure out how to stream audio from an iOS device unless the music is already on the device. How do you stream from an app? If that works, it would be awesome. For instance, you could stream from a music app that is unsupported on the KANN (like nugs.net) to the KANN.

For what it’s worth, as an aside: I am finding that pair of the Audeze LCD2C and the KANN to be excellent. The slightly north of neutral sound of the Audeze softens and richens up the delivery of the KANN, somewhat ameliorating the dry nature I hear of the KANNs internal amp. I really enjoy the two together!

Hi you can use your ios device as a source to listen to music like your iphone. I have posted few pages back with images how to connect to kann that is if you want to use kann only as dac. I doubt if you can stream from an app. Tidal is built in the kann. You need a wifi connection and your tidal account and you are good to go.

I agree with you kann and lcd2c pair really well.

Mar 4, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #1,431 of 2,698
Just thought I'd share. I likewise use SanDisk 400gb microSD cards on the Kann (and on an Onkyo DPS1). They work fine. File types used are flac/dsf/dff/wav with no issues. I've noticed though some album art work don't show up despite being present in my Onkyo.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #1,432 of 2,698
Just thought I'd share. I likewise use SanDisk 400gb microSD cards on the Kann (and on an Onkyo DPS1). They work fine. File types used are flac/dsf/dff/wav with no issues. I've noticed though some album art work don't show up despite being present in my Onkyo.

There is surely an issue in the Indexing system of the Kann. I faced a different issue. Some songs don't get listed if you select artists. But If you select album of the same artist it is listed. There is surely a bug in the OS. A&K thought informed earlier have done nothing so far for a $1000 Dap updates.

Mar 7, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #1,433 of 2,698
There is surely an issue in the Indexing system of the Kann. I faced a different issue. Some songs don't get listed if you select artists. But If you select album of the same artist it is listed. There is surely a bug in the OS. A&K thought informed earlier have done nothing so far for a $1000 Dap updates.

I second that, indexing in tthe Kann is not at its best, using the same cards in my Kann and in my Fiio X7 II shows a difference of more than 500 songs (more than 14000 in the Fiio, 13500 in the Kann). I suspect the single Flac files with cue files (one album = one file) to be indexed as 1 track and properly indexed as several tracks in the Fiio.

Mar 12, 2018 at 8:40 AM Post #1,435 of 2,698
Kann update problem

My Kann just updated the system software to version 1.11CM and now I can't access my playlists. The Loading hourglass just keeps spinning with the message "Loading." Anyone else having this problem?

Mar 12, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #1,436 of 2,698
Mar 12, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #1,437 of 2,698
Kann update problem

My Kann just updated the system software to version 1.11CM and now I can't access my playlists. The Loading hourglass just keeps spinning with the message "Loading." Anyone else having this problem?

Thats because its indexing your vast library in the background.
I am going to removed my cards and insert fresh 1 gb card formatted in fat32. Then I will do the update using OTA via wifi. Once update is done then I will insert my actual music library cards and let the OS do its indexing. This is much faster as the last time I followed these steps and all went fine.

Mar 12, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #1,438 of 2,698
After updating Kann, I can no longer access my DLNA library served by miniDLAN on a Raspberry Pi. Does anyone have a similar problem?

Mar 13, 2018 at 1:53 AM Post #1,440 of 2,698
Hey guys, does anyone hear difference in sound after upgrade to latest 1.11??

Nope all is okay as per previous OS. No change in sound. Only addition they have provided is the fixed volume adjustment for the line out in settings. I don't see any other improvements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back