Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread
Aug 6, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #947 of 3,321
  We were listening through the Audeze lcd x. Sweetsdream a member from this forum did the hook ups perhaps you should pm him he is a for more experienced in this than I. Im rather new to this hobby and still learning.

So are you saying that you were listening to that specific setup connected as pictured?

Aug 7, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #957 of 3,321
Note that I did not buy the AK Jr for the combo with the HA-2 ... It is my first source for PMX2, but given the opportunity to test the HA-2 combo JR Ak + l I 'I do ! But the fact Jr perfectly player without amplification job !

Aug 8, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #958 of 3,321

i will have to give that a try sometime, the only reason i have not done it so far is because im trying to stay "ultra portable".

Quite I've never seen the point in dropping the money for players like the ak's, ibasso's sony's and then strap an amp to it.

Aug 8, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #959 of 3,321
Got my junior yesterday and had a quick blast this morning, so far so good.

UI seems to be quite slick & certainly easy to use. Navigation is simple and self explanatory and i felt at ease using it

Scan of my sd card was quick in getting through the thousand or so flacs on there and no library, organisational or tagging issues either - having had a first release dx50 has probably helped there in keeping it all tidy!!

Tried with flare r2a and suitably impressed so far, only listened and skipped through a few tracks from a few albums but first impressions tell me this little dap certainly has some grunt!! Gapless worked perfectly as well. All in all a happy camper here. Will report back when more listening has been done

Aug 8, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #960 of 3,321
I just got my AK Jr today. I put in my chip with about 1000 Flac songs on it, and it read them, but about 350 songs tags were not recognized by the Jr, showing up as unknown. I have not had any problems with these files on any other device or on my desktop system (and I have tried these on many devices). These were all tagged with Tag&Rename on my Windows computers. I tried moving some of the albums to the main memory, removing any other files that were in the directory where the album was, and re-tagging them in Tag&Rename. And I updated the firmware to 1.02. But nothing has fixed this. So about 25% of my files are essentially useless in the Jr.

Anyone have a solution to this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back