Astell&Kern Expands A&ultima Player Line
Feb 21, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #136 of 167
Great review!

Feb 21, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #137 of 167
Feb 21, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #139 of 167
Agree with @szore great review. In the middle of reading it I had to take a break since my SP1000M arrived - the Lapis Blue version. In process of setting it up now! :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:
That' so cool! Relish it!

Feb 21, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #141 of 167
Agree with @szore great review. In the middle of reading it I had to take a break since my SP1000M arrived - the Lapis Blue version. In process of setting it up now! :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:
Don't forget to burn it in for at least 200 hours before you get the best sound!

Feb 21, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #143 of 167
Feb 21, 2019 at 2:24 PM Post #144 of 167
Here's a little something for the new APK Services of A&K capable players and Tidal subscribers that I just discovered with Tidal sideloaded version 2.11.4. The Tidal generated My Mix Playlists now show up under the "My Collection" section. Previously, there was a workaround using the desktop app I employed to stream them from either the built-in A&K Tidal app or the sideloaded version; and to download them on the sideloaded app. But it's easy to now download on the sideloaded app (v2.11.4) all on the A&K DAP, directions are below:

1. Go to the My Mix section
2. Click on the desired My Mix playlist
3. Click on "+ Create playlist"
4. The "Add to Playlist" dialogue will appear, click on "Create New Playlist" at the bottom
5. The "Create New Playlist" name dialogue will appear, and default to "My Mix (number)" All the My Mix Playlist tracks will appear as well
6. Either accept the recommended name or create you own and the click "Create" and the playlist is created with all the My Mix Playlist tracks from that My Mix
7. To download for offline listening, to "My Collection" and "Playlists". Click on the playlist, and in the playlist, toggle on the download switch.

This works for both the SR15 and the SP1000M. I'll assume it will also work on the SP1000 since the interface is identical to the SP1000M.

And I'm running the latest A&K firmware on both the SR15 (1.14) and SP1000M (1.17CM)

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #146 of 167
Here's a little something for the new APK Services of A&K capable players and Tidal subscribers that I just discovered with Tidal sideloaded version 2.11.4. The Tidal generated My Mix Playlists now show up under the "My Collection" section. Previously, there was a workaround using the desktop app I employed to stream them from either the built-in A&K Tidal app or the sideloaded version; and to download them on the sideloaded app. But it's easy to now download on the sideloaded app (v2.11.4) all on the A&K DAP, directions are below:

1. Go to the My Mix section
2. Click on the desired My Mix playlist
3. Click on "+ Create playlist"
4. The "Add to Playlist" dialogue will appear, click on "Create New Playlist" at the bottom
5. The "Create New Playlist" name dialogue will appear, and default to "My Mix (number)" All the My Mix Playlist tracks will appear as well
6. Either accept the recommended name or create you own and the click "Create" and the playlist is created with all the My Mix Playlist tracks from that My Mix
7. To download for offline listening, to "My Collection" and "Playlists". Click on the playlist, and in the playlist, toggle on the download switch.

This works for both the SR15 and the SP1000M. I'll assume it will also work on the SP1000 since the interface is identical to the SP1000M.

And I'm running the latest A&K firmware on both the SR15 (1.14) and SP1000M (1.17CM)

Hi, this is confusing to me...
My Mix, where? In Tidal? I dont see anything like that (But i'm not good with Tidal, just started using it).
Tidal sideloaded version 2.11.4.... My version of Tidal side is 2.9.14, and its the latest, so I'm confused! (but intrigued...)

Feb 21, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #147 of 167
Hi, this is confusing to me...
My Mix, where? In Tidal? I dont see anything like that (But i'm not good with Tidal, just started using it).
Tidal sideloaded version 2.11.4.... My version of Tidal side is 2.9.14, and its the latest, so I'm confused! (but intrigued...)

@szore I posted some clarifying info and pictures over in the AK Ultima SP1000 thread in order to move the info from the A&K sponsor announcements thread. Sorry about that @JasonNYC , I had a couple of threads going at once.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-tol-a-k-dap-the-ak-ultima-sp1000.850061/page-357#post-14793868

Attachments

• Services.jpg
    Services.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 0
  • My Collection.jpg
    My Collection.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 0
  • My Mix.jpg
    My Mix.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 1, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #149 of 167
Hi all, anyone fortunate enough to have heard/own both this and the Cayin N8?
Would love to hear your thoughts.

Also what is the best pairing with this DAP?

Apr 1, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #150 of 167
Just got the SPKM Onyx Black over the weekend.
Buyer’s remorse kicked in pretty fast but every time I plugged into it, the whole world just seems to melt away.

I’ve got a noob question though. Any credible sites to buy Chinese FLAC files?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back