Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA 2015)
Feb 13, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #1,186 of 1,190
+1 on the memory wire.

I wonder how they will stack up in a very flooded market for IEMs.
I'm coming from the future! memory wire is good!

Dec 16, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #1,187 of 1,190
Clearly an old thread, but some interesting reading.
Had mine for about a year and right channel went.
Sent away and they returned 2 brand new monitors at no cost.
All working fine now for the last 6 months but it's time to move them on.

Aug 18, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #1,188 of 1,190
Ah, before I forget, Savant beat the lights out of this imo according to my preferences.

I actually think that this is a FAR better deal than the AKT5P which is horrible. This is much more balanced in some ways compared to the AKT5P and less T1-like.

“Less T1-like” sounds like a negative thing to me. T1 (original one, I haven’t tried later versions) are very good. Not as good as Stax, but better than HD800.

Aug 18, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #1,189 of 1,190
I would agree to this as a general rule. And it is true for all of the IEMs I have owned. One exception would be the Final Audio Piano Forte line of IEMs. They just sort of hang loosely in/on your ear. They are meant not to have a seal. The SQ during my demo was phenomenal. Their downside is that you have no isolation so you can really only enjoy them in a quiet room.

I always wondered about Piano Forte. Could you tell a bit more? And which music you listened with them?

Aug 19, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #1,190 of 1,190
I always wondered about Piano Forte. Could you tell a bit more? And which music you listened with them?
Given the opinion was posted nearly seven years ago, i don’t think you’ll get a reply…Try the general Final Audio thread here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/final-audio-design-impressions-and-discussion-thread.613641/page-715

Necroing a thread (posting more than a year after a thread was last active) is considered poor form! Best just to find a relevant active one or create a new topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back