Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA 2015)
Jul 25, 2016 at 9:58 PM Post #783 of 1,190

My MK2 is 17xxx series

me too...

The reliability issues seem to not be surfacing yet so far, a good sign for the MKII......I'm very close to getting this with the Westone Bluetooth Cable for the ultimate 'luxury audiophile bluetooth earphones'. 

Jul 25, 2016 at 10:25 PM Post #784 of 1,190
  The reliability issues seem to not be surfacing yet so far, a good sign for the MKII......I'm very close to getting this with the Westone Bluetooth Cable for the ultimate 'luxury audiophile bluetooth earphones'. 

I don't see any issues listening so far. The only thing I notice is the right connector is a bit loose compared to the left side. Not affecting sound nor any cut offs.

It is just annoying when I insert it into my ear the cable disconnects/falls off a couple of times. I run the cables over my ears and this happens when I tighten the cable sliders up. Perhaps this is exerting enough force to disconnect the cable.

Jul 25, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #785 of 1,190
mkii arrived today. Initial impression is that mkii is less warmer than original model.

The new model has mkii written on the box, so don't be fooled into getting mki as the newer model.

Ill report back later.

Jul 25, 2016 at 11:28 PM Post #786 of 1,190
The bass slam, it is there, o yea!
Treble seems less bright and not airy as the original. But having said that the original I am listening to is well over 500 hours.

Jul 26, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #787 of 1,190
  I don't see any issues listening so far. The only thing I notice is the right connector is a bit loose compared to the left side. Not affecting sound nor any cut offs.

It is just annoying when I insert it into my ear the cable disconnects/falls off a couple of times. I run the cables over my ears and this happens when I tighten the cable sliders up. Perhaps this is exerting enough force to disconnect the cable.

I don't have the disconnection problem on my BT cable. Everything working smooth. The only problem is that this cable drains the DAP battery super fast. Twice faster when hard wired. Thanks god, I have ZX2, which have pretty good battery, but still 12% in one hour is too much.

Jul 26, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #788 of 1,190
I don't have the disconnection problem on my BT cable. Everything working smooth. The only problem is that this cable drains the DAP battery super fast. Twice faster when hard wired. Thanks god, I have ZX2, which have pretty good battery, but still 12% in one hour is too much.
is your BT cable westone Bluetooth cable

Jul 26, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #789 of 1,190
Yes it is.

Jul 26, 2016 at 6:00 PM Post #790 of 1,190
Jul 26, 2016 at 7:59 PM Post #791 of 1,190
I don't need to change to wired cable. I have two sets of T8iEs: one wired with MoonAudio Silver balanced cable and another one is Bluetooth.  This is how much I love these monitors.
Sound wise between wired and wireless, I think, the wired one sound is a little bit cleaner, but not much better then BT.

Jul 26, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #792 of 1,190
  I don't need to change to wired cable. I have two sets of T8iEs: one wired with MoonAudio Silver balanced cable and another one is Bluetooth.  This is how much I love these monitors.
Sound wise between wired and wireless, I think, the wired one sound is a little bit cleaner, but not much better then BT.

This is crazy lol, you bought two MKIIs just to have them wired / bluetooth without the need to disconnect?

Jul 27, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #793 of 1,190
Not AKIIs, AKIs. The second pair I got used and dirty cheap.

Jul 27, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #794 of 1,190
Mmm....interested in going wireless mmcx with my akt8ie and other mmcx earphones with the Westone wireless cable. Clincher: it is aptx capable. Makes a good pair with the onkyo dpx1 and ak380cu. Hope sq does not suffer much. More  feedback with the westone device most welcome. Tia.

Will the ak380/onkyo dpx1  aptx bluetooth to aptx bluetooth chord tt to westone aptx bluetooth work? Just wondering. If so, it means wireless freedom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back