Astell & Kern AK70 MKII with dual DAC
Dec 7, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #497 of 1,058
7CFF0ACB-49A1-42FF-B9A2-C9A0516A8F28.jpeg
2FF05ACF-274D-4BC9-B8B5-DBFBB4A0707D.jpeg
I'm also one one the first Kann owners, doing Some sound comparison only between 2 dacs
Both dap amazing in my opinion but doing some critical listening sound quality only hope to help others decisions

Dec 8, 2017 at 7:25 AM Post #500 of 1,058
They both sound awesome but to my ears the Kann is the winner, mk 2 has little wider soundstage but less weight emphasis on notes, the kann soundstage is no slouch and there appears more weight to the very note.
I also have options to change to high or low gain on kann. both daps sound amazing, mk2 sq, separation mastery but so is the kann sq and separation but in my opinion more weight simbalance on notes. Just my opinion from doing listening this week with same iem
Was just saying to my self can music sound and better as AK did awesome job with these players

Dec 8, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #501 of 1,058
I have the SP1000cu and the AK70 mkII, and I have to say I'm surprise how good the little one sound, the soundstage is definitely smaller the big brother but paired with the Encore it's a really nice combo.

I wish the user interface would be faster and replicate the one from the SP1000, but for the money is a great player.

Dec 8, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #502 of 1,058
I have the SP1000cu and the AK70 mkII, and I have to say I'm surprise how good the little one sound, the soundstage is definitely smaller the big brother but paired with the Encore it's a really nice combo.

I wish the user interface would be faster and replicate the one from the SP1000, but for the money is a great player.
What do you think of the AK70II, compared to SP1000 in terms of SQ? I also think that the soundstage is narrower than some other players. And the midrange sounds weightier, which is great for lean/spacious sounding IEMs like the Encore.

Last edited:
Dec 8, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #503 of 1,058

I agree, UI should be fast across the board, on all AK models because they aren’t cheap. Slow on a £50 Chi-DAP is a different story and to be expected.

Dec 8, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #504 of 1,058
What do you think of the AK70II, compared to SP1000 in terms of SQ? I also think that the soundstage is narrower than some other players. But the midrange sounds weightier, which is great for lean/spacious sounding IEMs like the Encore.

yes, I think is slightly warmer compared to the SP1000 and as you said it's a perfect combination with the Encore. While I don't personally think the SE5U sounds good with this player.

Dec 8, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #508 of 1,058
Hi Guys, just got my hand on an AK70 ii and am loving it. Brilliant little dap.

I have only one small issue. When I set the unit to 'automatic shutdown' it doesn't seem to work, no matter what duration I set the timer to. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Dec 8, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #509 of 1,058
Hi Guys, just got my hand on an AK70 ii and am loving it. Brilliant little dap.

I have only one small issue. When I set the unit to 'automatic shutdown' it doesn't seem to work, no matter what duration I set the timer to. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Mine seems working fine. Try to reset the unit and let us know.

Dec 8, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #510 of 1,058
Is there any chart of ranking for AK players?

If you're looking for rankings from users and reviewers, I haven't seen one. However, on the Astell & Kern website, they provide tables that compare the features and components of DAPs in the same family. So you can see how the AK380, AK320 and AK 300 compare to each other. Likewise for the AK70II and AK70. Of course, as far as A&K are concerned, all of their players sound great. :gs1000smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back