Astell & Kern AK70 MKII with dual DAC
Apr 21, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #721 of 1,058
I only want the yui ogura one because of the color. don't like the fate version lol. maybe they will release normal pink version in the future.

Its possible. If I remember correctly, the original AK70 also had a Japan limited color of rose pink.

Apr 24, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #722 of 1,058
Hi. New MK70 II owner. I've searched and can't find anyone with this problem. I can log in to Tidal, but any song that I select sits at 0:00. I have a Hi-Fi subscription, and it shows as such in the MK70 app. I've been through every setting and can't seem to figure out why Tidal isn't streaming the song. Any idea?

I asked the Q of A&K's support page but never heard back.

Thanks

Apr 24, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #723 of 1,058
Hi. New MK70 II owner. I've searched and can't find anyone with this problem. I can log in to Tidal, but any song that I select sits at 0:00. I have a Hi-Fi subscription, and it shows as such in the MK70 app. I've been through every setting and can't seem to figure out why Tidal isn't streaming the song. Any idea?

I asked the Q of A&K's support page but never heard back.

Thanks
Two things to check/try if you haven't already:

1. confirm you are connected to wifi and have a working internet connection.
2. log out of TIDAL and log back in.

I've had the same issue a few times on my smart phone and once on a player and the log out and log in to resync the connection to their authentication servers is what TIDAL had recommended and has worked.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Apr 24, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #724 of 1,058
Two things to check/try if you haven't already:

1. confirm you are connected to wifi and have a working internet connection.
2. log out of TIDAL and log back in.

I've had the same issue a few times on my smart phone and once on a player and the log out and log in to resync the connection to their authentication servers is what TIDAL had recommended and has worked.

Thanks. I booted and found a firmware update, did that, logged out of tidal, logged back in, and streaming fine now.

Apr 29, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #726 of 1,058
Just a quick one folks.
Thinking of buying AK70 MKII, I use Quobuz as well as bought flac albums
Would AK Connect allow me to connect to my wifi/ DLNA at home and stream Qobuz to AK70 via my PC, iPhone or Galaxy tab ?
Also while I'm away from wifi can I use my iPhones hotspot to live stream or send imported / offline qobuz music files to AK70 ?

Cheers!

May 2, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #728 of 1,058
New firmware available... great if you speak Spanish...
Thanks for the news, have you detected any difference in sonics with the new version?

May 4, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #730 of 1,058
Just received my AK70 mk 2. Currently streaming tidal with it. It is my first time listening to an AK dap. I think I understand what people refer to when they talk about the "AK sound". The mid-range is very colored - it has a thick, creamy texture. I am accustomed to the sound of Chord Mojo, which is quite neutral. As a result, I am not pleased with the sound of my new dap. Hopefully after a period of usage I will eventually get used to the "AK sound" and begin to like it. Other than the sound quality, I am really impressed with every aspects of this device - much, much nicer build quality than the Mojo; stable and intuitive user interface; stunningly stylish look etc. Right now, I am not sure whether or not I make the right purchase. Time will tell.

May 4, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #732 of 1,058
Just received my AK70 mk 2. Currently streaming tidal with it. It is my first time listening to an AK dap. I think I understand what people refer to when they talk about the "AK sound". The mid-range is very colored - it has a thick, creamy texture. I am accustomed to the sound of Chord Mojo, which is quite neutral. As a result, I am not pleased with the sound of my new dap. Hopefully after a period of usage I will eventually get used to the "AK sound" and begin to like it. Other than the sound quality, I am really impressed with every aspects of this device - much, much nicer build quality than the Mojo; stable and intuitive user interface; stunningly stylish look etc. Right now, I am not sure whether or not I make the right purchase. Time will tell.

Then why not bitstream to the Mojo and use the AK as transport if you prefer the sound of the Mojo?

May 4, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #733 of 1,058
I had the same feeling when I first got my ak70m2. I found changing my headphone cable to 2.5 balanced fixed it for me. I use both OPPO pm3 and se535 and love it now.

May 4, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #734 of 1,058
Then why not bitstream to the Mojo and use the AK as transport if you prefer the sound of the Mojo?
Because of the short battery life of the AK70 mk2. If I don't keep charging this dap while streaming tidal, the battery would be depleted very quickly. AK70 mk2 uses the same micro-usb port for charging and outputting digital signal, so when connected to the Mojo charging is impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back