Astell & Kern AK70 MKII with dual DAC
Sep 21, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #31 of 1,058
I like the AK sound... had a JR and currently have a black AK70 (not a fan of misty mint!). I was pondering an upgrade to something different, so I think I know where I'm going next.

Be interested to see some comparison reviews in the next few weeks.

Sep 21, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #32 of 1,058
You should also consider the upcoming Cowon Plenue R! It is cheaper but still packs some very nice features. I also want to change DAPs and was considering the ZX300 and AK 70 MKII, but the 24/96 limitation of the AKs USB Dac is a no-no for me...

Was considering the Cowon too. Will wait for reviews. It’s not much of a looker compared to the zx300 or ak70 II though. Hopefully it makes up in the performance part lol

Sep 21, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #33 of 1,058
If I'm not mistaken the largest capacity mico sd card available (newly released by Sandisk) is "only" 400Gb.
That's right, gotta little confused. Can't remember what kinda on-board storage the AK70 has/had.

Sep 21, 2017 at 1:13 PM Post #34 of 1,058
Now if they could release this one in True Blue like they did in japan with Ak70
I like AK70 in green, but Ak70 MKii in black also look good
Ak70 MKII True blue world wide would be Funny to have
25Xsi8V.jpg

The AK70 ended up having something like 7 colour variations released around the world (green, blue, rose pink, white, red, gold, black) but most of them ended up being Japanese only. It will be interesting to see if the Mk2 has any colour variations.

Sep 21, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #37 of 1,058
Nice to see AK putting something on the market for people while less disposable income. :D. This product looks like a AK240 replacement. its using the same DAC chip. What do you guys thing?

Agreed. Have been contemplating the next step up, but it was a serious jump (as said before, I like the AK sound).

Not sure why they didn’t pick a different number, eg AK90 or AK150!

Sep 21, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #38 of 1,058
Agreed. Have been contemplating the next step up, but it was a serious jump (as said before, I like the AK sound).

Not sure why they didn’t pick a different number, eg AK90 or AK150!

I think they are following FiiO. I think they are trying to market directly to those customers.

Sep 21, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #39 of 1,058
I just splashed out on the AK300 6 months ago, now this comes out with dual DACs. Would love to see if there will be much difference in sound quality

Sep 21, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #40 of 1,058
Ak70ii might use the same Dac chipset as the Ak240 but I don't think AK tune the same of Ak70ii to be the same as the much more expensive Ak240.
Same Dac chip does not mean it will have the same sound, it had many other factors as well.

Sep 21, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #42 of 1,058
Hey guys newbie here,,, we're will the sound level be compared to the Kann,,
I own the Kann and love it
Looks wise she may be ugly but kann is amazing in the sound department
Just curious no one mentioned Kann yet

How's easy lol
Ron

Sep 22, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #43 of 1,058

How's easy lol
Ron

Yup, but not to forget the Kann is a higher model compared to AK70ii which is AK's entry level dap.

Sep 22, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #44 of 1,058

How's easy lol
Ron

From reading reviews, it seems like the Kann is the warmest of all the AK DAPs. So if you really like the sound signature of the Kann, there might not be a need to switch, and your wallet will thank you :)

Sep 22, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #45 of 1,058
Right... I could resist.

Pre-ordered the MkII, so should arrive around 20 October. Hopefully the case will be launched in UK stores around the same sort of time as I hate not having my devices properly protected.

10 month old black AK70 with case will be up for sale shortly, so feel free to make me an offer :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back