Astell&Kern AK380
Aug 17, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #6,226 of 9,040

Yeah, I really missed it.
normal_smile%20.gif
This is definitely a step forward. Very happy with that sound signature!

Yeah, I agree @xxx1313.  This is clearly the best the AK380/amp has sounded since the purchase.

Aug 17, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #6,227 of 9,040
I have stability issue with FW 1.25. it's hung sometimes. The player was running but no sound. And it happened usually when i play dsd music. So for example after i play flac then i changed to different album which was dsd, it's hung. The player still running but no sound. It's been 4th times now. I need to do power off and on to make it work normal.

Has anybody experienced like this before?

Thanks!

Nb. I think my problem called the intermittent silence issue. I thought they already solved this in their previous FW :frowning2:

Aug 18, 2016 at 2:03 PM Post #6,229 of 9,040
I have stability issue with FW 1.25. it's hung sometimes. The player was running but no sound. And it happened usually when i play dsd music. So for example after i play flac then i changed to different album which was dsd, it's hung. The player still running but no sound. It's been 4th times now. I need to do power off and on to make it work normal.

Has anybody experienced like this before?

Thanks!

Nb. I think my problem called the intermittent silence issue. I thought they already solved this in their previous FW
frown.gif

Yes, I had the same problem once yesterday. Turned it off and on again, did not appear again by now.

Aug 18, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #6,230 of 9,040
Yes, I had the same problem once yesterday. Turned it off and on again, did not appear again by now.

Good to know i am not the only one.

I think when we wanna play dsd album (from library by ALBUM)..once we go to that album, we need to wait for a seconds until all the thumnails appeared completely on each song then should not be any problem. But once i rush it..the silence problem might comes up. Anyway, lucky me i have 14TB music collection to choose from. so i change all the dsd to flac24. No problem so far. I hope is gone.

Aug 20, 2016 at 3:38 AM Post #6,231 of 9,040
I am testing a new theory on the AK380Cu. Will keep you guys posted. May even be more controversial than the leather case A-B test, but I would like to know what others hear - but let me make my own conclusion first.

Lou

Aug 20, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #6,237 of 9,040
Bass range extended when in back pocket.  To get treble it should be in the front pocket?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back