Astell&Kern AK380
Feb 29, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #3,736 of 9,040
Thanks for all,

I'm from Europe, and the Jupiter I think CAMPFIRE AUDIO haven't any dealer in the old continent :frowning2:(.
The FIT Ear  "PARTERRE " it's good for A&K 380? 
I found here : http://kroel-acoustic.com/product/fitear-parterre/  with a good price .
Any one try the Parterre with it?
It will be a quest for me to found the in-ear for my gear.

more choices? 

Feb 29, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #3,737 of 9,040
  Thanks for all,

I'm from Europe, and the Jupiter I think CAMPFIRE AUDIO haven't any dealer in the old continent :frowning2:(.
The FIT Ear  "PARTERRE " it's good for A&K 380? 
I found here : http://kroel-acoustic.com/product/fitear-parterre/  with a good price .
Any one try the Parterre with it?
It will be a quest for me to found the in-ear for my gear.

more choices? 

They don't have a dealer yet... it will happen soon. :wink:

Feb 29, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #3,738 of 9,040
mmm.....to continue and within the thousand bucks range: the K3003i from AKG. Goes well with the AK players. The changeable filters gives you some latitude to suit the earphone to your preference. I prefer the reference filter. And, yes, its good for just about any musical genre of choice.  If you are considering the Layla, audition first the K3003i with your AK 380. If you feel a little bit generous (to yourself), with  the 1500 or so savings, spring for the Alo Audio CDM, which pairs really well with AK player. Re: the AK 380 (or cu)  pairs well  with just about any earphone or in-ear. The problem starts when you try to use it with the big cans. You need amplification. But for iems, no problems at all.

Feb 29, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #3,739 of 9,040

Beautifully recorded album. Sounds stunning playing out of the 380Cu in DSD. Truly captivating, and the novelty of hearing him hum the tune as he plays, wonderful. An absolutely "must have album" for piano lovers!!!

Feb 29, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #3,740 of 9,040
Feb 29, 2016 at 11:36 AM Post #3,741 of 9,040
When A&K is waiting to implément TIDAL on the AK380, PIONEER is already implémenting MQA in it's XDP-100R DAP that cost 4 time less !

Come on A&K, hurry to join the streaming wagon... You are late ..

Feb 29, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #3,742 of 9,040

Gonna spend a few days listening the Queen Discography in DSD on the 380Cu

ksc75smile.gif

Feb 29, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #3,744 of 9,040
I have the Zeus Universal + 380C, no amp though. I think the Zeus and 380C both have a slight mid-low emphasis so I personally think the sound come out on the warm side quite a bit. Bass performance is superb, deep, tight and textured. The highs are just right, there is no sibilance to be heard. I quite love the combo, detail is the best I've heard, instrument isolation is amazing. I can only imagine how good the AMP would add on top of all this.  

Feb 29, 2016 at 2:23 PM Post #3,745 of 9,040
  Does anyone have any suggestions regarding UIEMs to use with the 380+Amp combo? 

At the moment I am looking at the following:
Layla MK2
Empire ears Zeus
64 Audio U12

Anybody have experience with these UIEMs or have any other ideas? 

I have the Zeus Universal + 380C, no amp though. I think the Zeus and 380C both have a slight mid-low emphasis so I personally think the sound come out on the warm side quite a bit. Bass performance is superb, deep, tight and textured. The highs are just right, there is no sibilance to be heard. I quite love the combo, detail is the best I've heard, instrument isolation is amazing. I can only imagine how good the AMP would add on top of all this.  

Feb 29, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #3,746 of 9,040

Seems there is a lot of love for the empire ears IEMs Jazzi also mentioned that they are a great company for IEMs.

Regarding a custom cable for the Zeus... any ideas or is the stock cable good enough? 

Also anyone have feedback regarding the 64 Audio U12.... I like the idea of the ADEL technology but how do they compare to the other TOTL IEMs?

Feb 29, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #3,747 of 9,040
  Seems there is a lot of love for the empire ears IEMs Jazzi also mentioned that they are a great company for IEMs.

Regarding a custom cable for the Zeus... any ideas or is the stock cable good enough? 

Also anyone have feedback regarding the 64 Audio U12.... I like the idea of the ADEL technology but how do they compare to the other TOTL IEMs?

Zeus IEM is definitely a 'rough' gem, if paired right it can sound out of this world, but a poor pairing can easily do the opposite.

I don't have any knowledge of U12, but I prefer maximum isolation and don't care about ambient sound or hearing loss :), so I opted for the resistor-free, filter-free Zeus and I'm having a blast.

Stock cable sounds quite good, they are the BTG starlight cable which is worth $115. I'm still waiting for my Norne audio Therium 8-wire to be completed though.

Cheers

Feb 29, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #3,748 of 9,040
  Zeus IEM is definitely a 'rough' gem, if paired right it can sound out of this world, but a poor pairing can easily do the opposite.

I don't have any knowledge of U12, but I prefer maximum isolation and don't care about ambient sound or hearing loss :), so I opted for the resistor-free, filter-free Zeus and I'm having a blast.

Stock cable sounds quite good, they are the BTG starlight cable which is worth $115. I'm still waiting for my Norne audio Therium 8-wire to be completed though.

Cheers

So the therium was the silver based cable? it will be interesting to hear how it changes the sound of the Zeus since now you say it is a warm sounding IEM so the assumption would be that silver would brighten the sound up a bit more. 

Feb 29, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #3,749 of 9,040

So the therium was the silver based cable? it will be interesting to hear how it changes the sound of the Zeus since now you say it is a warm sounding IEM so the assumption would be that silver would brighten the sound up a bit more. 

We will see, I opted for the Therium after reading up Cotnijoe's Zeus review, he mentioned it improved the SQ quite a bit. He didn't test the combo with 380c though. I will see how they sound together. I will also see how the iP6 + Mojo combo as source sound with Therium + Zeus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back