1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Astell&Kern AK380

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Dopaminer, Apr 22, 2015.
First

Back
543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552
554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563
Next

Last
  1. Jalo
    @Bmichels and @Malevolent, let's hope they don't do all these features that we suggested I have way to many daps as it is :D but if they do all of the above, I may have no choice but to add another one.

2. bmichels
    Munich's HighEnd being 1 month away, it is now Time to resurect this AK480 thread....[​IMG] 

sonickarma likes this.
  3. Uncle Monty
    This is probably a (nother) stupid question, but is it possible to change album names on ATF? I've got some compilations spread over several CDs i.e. John Digweed 'Live in Montreal' (9CDs) where the CD Ripper has recognised only some of the CDs, so I'm left with, say, 1,2,4,7,8 sitting together in 'Albums' and the rest scattered god knows where. 

4. olddude
    It's possible to change (basic) names, but it sounds like you need to do some re-tagging, and a tagging editor would probably be a better bet.  

5. Uncle Monty
    Anybody recommend a re-tagging app for use with AFT? I see there are a few out there, with mixed reviews.

6. olddude
    Mac or Windoze?  With a Mac you can use xACT, freeware, to tag and rip and convert.  For a paid app, I've found nothing better for tagging  than Yate, for about $30.  Both work very well, I find that Yate offers more tagging options, especially for those hard-to-fix files.  But starting out with xACT would certainly be more cost-effective.

7. Rei87

How about this? 

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/mac-osx.html 

I've used mp3 tag for ages on my Windows for ages and swear by its simplicity. Plus, its free. Now, it looks like there is a workaround for it to run on Mac too. 
    However, I've not tried it on my mac, so I cannot verify that it works. 

For ripping and converting, I tend to use CD-ripper, and DBamp respectively. 

8. olddude
    I tried the Mac version.  It works, but I prefer the others I mentioned.

9. zuio
    How is the ak380 (with XLR out dock) in speaker systems compared to other DAC / streamers ?

sngmarket likes this.
  10. sngmarket
    Is also very interested in this issue

11. Quadfather
    I sent my AK240SS back, whereas I kept the Questyle QP1R, which sounds loads better to me.

12. bmichels
    Only 10 days away from MUNICH's show and... still not the slightest rumor about the AK380's successor ?

So, may be no AK480 this spring ?? ;-(

13. WayneWoondirts
    Didn't Alex An say it's coming at Munich?
    We can start with speculations
    Let me start: I doubt there will be an mSATA SSD built in. They'll stick with NAND memory.
    It will be bigger than AK380 in size.

14. david1000
    Hi All

Although I have followed Head-Fi for a fair while, I have only just registered and this is my first posting. To celebrate, I’m posting on two threads – “Astell & Kern AK380” and “Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless – Impressions Thread” – for the obvious reason that the post is relevant to both.

I have enjoyed the AK380 for almost a year, listening through IEMs. I have now taken delivery of the B&W P7 Wireless. Subject to one issue, I’m delighted with it: brilliant wired with the AK380 and wireless with both my iMac (I play files through Fidelia) and my iPhone 6S. Bluetooth connection with the iMac and iPhone was effortless in each case.

The issue is that I have failed miserably to make the Bluetooth connection with the AK380 and I would be very grateful for help or advice. I have repeatedly followed the instructions (which worked perfectly with the iMac and iPhone), but when I put the P7 in pair mode (with the LED double flashing blue) and the AK380 “Visible to all nearby Bluetooth devices”, the P7 stubbornly refuses to appear.

I did immediately consult B&W, who have been commendably responsive and are trying to help in a very professional way, but so far without success. I told them that the AK380 Manual gives its Bluetooth spec as "V4.0 (A2DP, AVRCP, aptX)" and that I had had no problem using it as a Bluetooth transmitter to my Ruark R1 radio (when I’m at home and don’t feel like using phones, I play all types of files on the AK380 – FLAC, WAV & DSD - quite happily through the Ruark).

In reply, B&W say:

Our P7 wireless are compatible with the following Bluetooth profiles and codecs;

Bluetooth Profiles:
    AVRCP v1.4
    A2DP v1.2
    DIP
    HFP v1.6
    HSP v1.2
    GAP
    SDAP

Bluetooth Codecs:
    aptX (standard latency)
    AAC
    SBC

They have then commented:

It does seem strange that the P7's are not pairing with this particular device. I will pass the information on to our technicians to see if they can offer further advice on this occasion.

I’m now waiting for that further advice (and I suggested they might like to liaise with their opposite numbers at A&K, though whether that will be fruitful remains to be seen).

However, I thought that the massed expertise of Head-Fi might come to the rescue! Please bear in mind that I’m not technically minded, so any guidance should ideally be expressed in “Bluetooth for Dummies” language!

Many thanks for any help anyone can offer.

15. bmichels
    Did he really said this ? When/where ?

First

Back
543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552
554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563
Next

Last