Astell&Kern AK UW100 TWS Earbuds
Apr 29, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #46 of 59
65782DAE-22B6-4624-81EA-F36D5934ADAB.jpeg

Finally got them, and surprisingly the sound quality is actually quite good. I’ve only had them for a couple hours so it’s going to take some time for me to form a real opinion.

So far I’m happy with the TWS. Call quality isn’t terrible either. From my breif testing, calls from a car or bus come out fine, but I would not try an environment louder than that.

Apr 29, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #47 of 59
the only company making tws for people with human ears. What is up wirh all those short stem angled tws wirh big discs on the end? Not for human ears.

I had to LOL at this!
Especially MW07, Liberty 2 Pro, and the like! But especially MW07!

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #48 of 59
I had to LOL at this!
Especially MW07, Liberty 2 Pro, and the like! But especially MW07!
Yeah, I don't get how anyone likes the mw07. The fit is terrible and therefore the sound is terrible. Feels like group think. Oh, you like it? Me too! It's the best... but how do you get into your ear? Oh, you use a shoehorn? Got it.

Apr 30, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #49 of 59
I am curious about this one and final audio ze3000. The fokus is awesome, but the fit is finicky. Xm4 are definitely the best fit for me. Gemeni weren't bad either.

May 3, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #50 of 59
Hello, just received mine and whatever I do the right bud will not connect to phone, there is a red blinking light but no way I can make it sound, did anyone had the same issue? Thanks

Edit - the app does not recognize the right one and nothing can be selected in the app, all buttons are greyed...

I was able to connect with a reset...

Last edited:
May 5, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #51 of 59
So, based on the above, I got the Final ZE3000, and I like them. Took a few tries with different tips, but using the Azla Crystal tips, they stay put and sound really good. I'm letting my Focus Pro go as a result. They sound great, but the large nozzles have always been a fit problem (by always, I mean the 2 weeks I have had them).

May 16, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #53 of 59
If someone is interested , i have a pair of the uw100 for sale , located in germany 235€ shipped , just reach out :)
Why are you letting them go?

May 16, 2022 at 3:27 PM Post #55 of 59
Hello, just received mine and whatever I do the right bud will not connect to phone, there is a red blinking light but no way I can make it sound, did anyone had the same issue? Thanks

Edit - the app does not recognize the right one and nothing can be selected in the app, all buttons are greyed...

I was able to connect with a reset...
I had the same problem. Also, left ear pod connected to AK SE 200 and right ear pod to iPhone at the same time. Followed reset instructions and all connections are fine now.

May 16, 2022 at 3:48 PM Post #56 of 59
65782DAE-22B6-4624-81EA-F36D5934ADAB.jpeg

Finally got them, and surprisingly the sound quality is actually quite good. I’ve only had them for a couple hours so it’s going to take some time for me to form a real opinion.

So far I’m happy with the TWS. Call quality isn’t terrible either. From my breif testing, calls from a car or bus come out fine, but I would not try an environment louder than that.
I got my pair a couple of days ago and am pleased. Initial impression was good presentation using Qobuz and Tidal with AK SE 200, IPad Mini 6 and IPhone 12 Max. After further listening, best presentation and stage with AK SE 200.

Jun 10, 2022 at 11:28 PM Post #58 of 59
sadly the left side earbuds suddenly quitted working with no symptoms at all and no response even after charging/resetting. what's worse, the right side bud kept flashing red after reset and both sides no sound now. i took my uw100 to the local agent and hope to get it back in good health next week :slight_frown:

Jun 22, 2022 at 10:50 AM Post #59 of 59
sadly the left side earbuds suddenly quitted working with no symptoms at all and no response even after charging/resetting. what's worse, the right side bud kept flashing red after reset and both sides no sound now. i took my uw100 to the local agent and hope to get it back in good health next week :slight_frown:
got a new replacement unit after the local agent checked my faulty one (apparently there's no economical way to repair such small gadgets i guess). during the 10mins i collected my replacement unit, i saw 3 other different UW100 customers either getting their replacement unit or returning theirs for repair! it's really alarmingly high rate for a niche product like this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back