Astell&Kern A&ultima SP3000
Oct 2, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #106 of 3,942
Are people really expecting an SP3000, or just about any pocketable DAP, to drive a Susvara?

They expected from the New Ak Flagship to have at least half the power of the M17 or the Lotoo Paw titanium 😉

NOMAX

PS.Only half of the two as I said...but even that's asking too much for this asking price... I'm not surprised that I see many switching to the competition...to drive not only the Focal headphones satisfactorily
(And so and thereby continue to lose market share)
Yes SP3000 sounds great...but only with the Focals..i tried it with the Utopia 👍
(Sufficient...everyone must decide for themselves)

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #107 of 3,942
They expected from the New Ak Flagship to have at least half the power of the M17 or the Lotoo Paw titanium 😉

NOMAX

PS.Only half of the two as I said...but even that's asking too much for this asking price... I'm not surprised that I see many switching to the competition...to drive not only the Focal headphones satisfactorily
Yes SP3000 sounds great...but only with the Focals..i tried it with the Utopia 👍
I don’t really agree with DAP output power being a marker of value in a DAP. Fundamentally, a DAP’s core purpose is to be used portably, therefore the need to power full-size headphones is (and correctly so IMHO) a lower priority to battery life, amplification noise, ergonomics, weight and heat management.

As long as a flagship DAP like SP3K has enough power to drive the majority of IEM’s (that DAPs are designed to be used with) and maybe the easiest to drive headphones, then I personally think that’s all that’s sufficient. If you really want a DAP with power to drive headphones, there are niche options on the market like M17. But M17 is super chunky, gets very hot when used in high power mode, and loses all its portability when you need to engage the DC powered enhanced over-ear mode. So at that point, you may as well just buy a desktop amplifier, no?

And as for the sound quality of something like M17 with IEM’s, well it’s certainly not bad, but I absolutely wouldn’t put it in the same class as the top performing DAPs I’ve heard, despite all it’s additional power.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2022 at 4:56 AM Post #109 of 3,942
@Damz87

M17 has in no DC Mode 3 times more as AK....1800 Euros..yes its big and heavy
Lotoo....has also much much more as SP3000....not so big and bulky as M17 (this is how many years ago?🤣)

NOMAX

PS.For 4200 Euros I expect a player in the size of a Lotoo or SP2000....with 15 vrms minimum 😉
And AK had a lot time for it....
There a reasons why the M17 is one of the most sold and popular next to the lotoo

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2022 at 5:02 AM Post #110 of 3,942
@Damz87

Lotoo....has also much much more as SP3000....not so big and bulky as M17 (this is how many years ago?🤣)

NOMAX

PS.For 4200 Euros I expect a player in the size of a Lotoo or SP2000....with 15 vrms minimum 😉
You know so much, what is the power in mw of the sp3000?6.3vrms is 500mw to you?(3 times less m17 no DC) is 6.3vrms no load i know....but the load and no load vrms is not linear i think....it has to do with the power supply of the device

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2022 at 5:08 AM Post #111 of 3,942
You know so much, what is the power in mw of the sp3000?
I am sure one or the other will measure the output performance of the Sp3000 soon

NOMAX

PS.And then we will see if I am right or not 😉
I know I am strict...but it all helps nothing when it comes to 4200 euros and many many years after a Sp2000 and years after a Lotoo

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2022 at 5:14 AM Post #113 of 3,942
The measurements sometimes are based in diferent parameters, i saw a measurement that the lotto paw gold had 80 mw , and is spec 500
Sorry is a little more here is

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221002-101313_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221002-101313_Samsung Internet.jpg
    605.9 KB · Views: 0
Oct 2, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #114 of 3,942
Therefore always try it out yourself with your own headphones 👍

NOMAX

PS.and i was trying it with many 😉
(No one should say I have mentioned before)

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2022 at 5:21 AM Post #115 of 3,942
Therefore always try it out yourself with your headphones 👍

NOMAX

PS.and i was trying it 😉
(No one should say I did not notice it before)
I have a SP2000CU and had the M17, of course the M17 in DC power is incredible powerfull, but my sp2000 never lacked power with my iem or headphones even the hifiman 400i, i tell even more , for the M17 had a similar tonal balance to the sp2000 it had to be in dc Mode, otherwise the sound was not close to the sp2000

Oct 2, 2022 at 5:31 AM Post #116 of 3,942
M17 1800 Euros versus Sp2000 3600 Euros 😉

NOMAX

PS.Let's be surprised what the competition will offer us in terms of output performance in the near future (next 6-12 Months) and at what prices 👍

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2022 at 5:38 AM Post #117 of 3,942
@Damz87

NOMAX

There a reasons why the M17 is one of the most sold and popular next to the lotoo
Okay well what you expect and what is reality are two completely different things. The good news is that we have many options in the portable audio market, so go buy whatever is out there that’s meets your needs.

Oct 2, 2022 at 5:55 AM Post #118 of 3,942

NOMAX

In your mind, it appears power or volume equates to sound quality. It is obvious that you and I are looking for two different things. Everyone has the option to buy a budget player like Fiio, just the same as having the option to buy Cayin, A&K , Hiby or any of multitude of players out there. I don't really care what your beef is with A&K, but this thread has probably already given you more attention than deserved. Fiio vs. AK?

Oct 2, 2022 at 6:06 AM Post #119 of 3,942
For 4300 Euros ...must be in addition to the sound quality also the output power right(at least half of the two mentioned by me)

NOMAX

PS.If the SP3000 comes at a price of 3000 euros one can still close an eye 👍

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #120 of 3,942
I've met a lot of people who hype A&K.
And when they have blind tested them.
They were unable to identify and distinguish the A&K model.
I just experimented with my friend last month.

Yes, I agree with saying that volume level , It's not a definite indicator of quality. But the size of the device is not the deciding factor either.
If the size of the device is a factor , the scratch on the stainless steel body very expensive dumb which is very easy to scratch. It is also the judge.
Price must also be a deciding factor.
The human ears is not a machine. The performance is not much different each person. After the blind test, they realized that they was just a normal person ,no Superman.

0010480a401348a4d67d563134252b6d.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back