Astell&Kern A&Ultima SP2000T Impressions Thread
Mar 26, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #496 of 748
Hi olddude - Things in HK aren't too bad considering the news. Government has thankfully anounced a relaxation of the Covid measures in phases over the next three months.

HK Post will gradually resume normal postal services from tomorrow. Courier services have generally been running throughout, albeit with a slight delay in service. So you shouldn't expect too much delay in your PWA repair.

Mar 26, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #497 of 748
Hi, Chesty. Good to hear you folks are going back to "normal," albeit slowly. We are maskless here in the US, but B.2 is coming through so it could all change rapidly. In the meantime, I am happily walking around, and teaching, without a mask.

I sent my package USPS, so no idea how it will get delivered.

Thanks for the info.

Mar 27, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #498 of 748
Commander One over WiFi? Why? Just plug it in and it works great. AND it recognizes internal and microSD.

I have no issues with AFT except it doesn't like to move large amounts of files. I used Commander One to move both my Music folders from my SP1K to my desktop and then into my SPK2T with no issues. When Commander One did an update and killed functionality for a while (since fixed) I temporarily reverted to AFT.

This new app seems to work fine as well.
I use it as a main source for my stereo and it is setup on a stand and a little far from my computer. In short, laziness!. Good to hear it will work with the SD.

Mar 27, 2022 at 11:57 PM Post #499 of 748
Will this have enough power to run my DCA Aeon 2 Noire on 4.4 balanced output? Or am I better off going with a M17?

Apr 1, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #501 of 748
Hi olddude - Things in HK aren't too bad considering the news. Government has thankfully anounced a relaxation of the Covid measures in phases over the next three months.

HK Post will gradually resume normal postal services from tomorrow. Courier services have generally been running throughout, albeit with a slight delay in service. So you shouldn't expect too much delay in your PWA repair.
O/T I know, but I lived in HK for years and left in 2019. V sad to see how things are turning out but hope all is ok. I bought my first A&K in the Wan Chai Computer Mall, as well as my wonderful Nordost Heimdall 2 cable. As I type this I’m enjoying hugely listening to Arriving Somewhere But Not Here by Porcupine Tree on my SP2000t through Sennheiser HD 800s via a Violectric V281 headphone amp. Life can be sweet!

Apr 1, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #502 of 748
O/T I know, but I lived in HK for years and left in 2019. V sad to see how things are turning out but hope all is ok. I bought my first A&K in the Wan Chai Computer Mall, as well as my wonderful Nordost Heimdall 2 cable. As I type this I’m enjoying hugely listening to Arriving Somewhere But Not Here by Porcupine Tree on my SP2000t through Sennheiser HD 800s via a Violectric V281 headphone amp. Life can be sweet!
One of my PT faves

Apr 3, 2022 at 6:53 AM Post #503 of 748
Hi,
I have a question about the Roon functionality since the last update:

before the update Roon repeatedly stopped playing and I had to start play again. If this appears every about 10-15 minutes, its annoying while relaxed listening. This problem seems to be gone now. At least it never appeared since the update.

But now I have the situation, that if I stop Roon the display doesn't change to the menu of the player. Before the update (so far I remember) I swiped the Roon display away and could start listening music from the player. Now the Roon display is remaining and I can't change anyway to the player. I have to deactivate the Roon Ready option to do so.

So my question. Is this a bug or a feature ?

BTW I still hear hissing in tube mode while I am using WiFi (Meze 99 Classics, Sennheiser IE300)

Apr 3, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #504 of 748
Hi,
I have a question about the Roon functionality since the last update:

before the update Roon repeatedly stopped playing and I had to start play again. If this appears every about 10-15 minutes, its annoying while relaxed listening. This problem seems to be gone now. At least it never appeared since the update.

But now I have the situation, that if I stop Roon the display doesn't change to the menu of the player. Before the update (so far I remember) I swiped the Roon display away and could start listening music from the player. Now the Roon display is remaining and I can't change anyway to the player. I have to deactivate the Roon Ready option to do so.

So my question. Is this a bug or a feature ?

BTW I still hear hissing in tube mode while I am using WiFi (Meze 99 Classics, Sennheiser IE300)
Can't you return to the player using the home button?

Apr 3, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #505 of 748
Can't you return to the player using the home button?
ah, now it works again. I tried it with several restarts, it doesn‘t work, also the home button not. Now I had a break, charging the SP2000T while visiting the play off game of our local icehockey club, now it works again, at least with the home button. No idea why, but happy again.

Nevertheless thank you for help

Apr 4, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #506 of 748
Just waiting to get mine, SE100 serviced excellent throughout last years but it is time for an upgrade!

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 1:23 AM Post #507 of 748
Hi all, I may be getting this lovely device soon. The search function in this thread didn't have any real results to help me out. JasonNYC was super kind in answering my questions a few months ago. I currently have a broken m15, its going to Asurion tomorrow. Anyway, to sync it, i use Dapper and a SD card reader. Can anyone recommend me some good sync settings for Dapper for A&K device, dapper only has a few listed. Or if anyone has a good way to sync Mac OS apple music app to the device, i would love to have any pointers and advice.

Apr 5, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #508 of 748
Quick question, could anyone confirm only 3.5mm output has Line Out built in for SP2000T and CA1000? Is 4.4mm output capable of doing anything else other than Phone Out?
I am asking because I am looking for a portable player that is capable of utilizing 4.4mm for Line Out. Thanks in advance :)

Apr 5, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #509 of 748
Quick question, could anyone confirm only 3.5mm output has Line Out built in for SP2000T and CA1000? Is 4.4mm output capable of doing anything else other than Phone Out?
I am asking because I am looking for a portable player that is capable of utilizing 4.4mm for Line Out. Thanks in advance :)
Line out can be done on 3.5, 2.5 or 4.4 on both SP2000T and CA1000

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back