Astell&Kern A&Ultima SP2000T Impressions Thread
Aug 6, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #17 of 754
normally all displayed prices in AUS are inclusive of GST. Actually, I think it's law it has to be.
Edit
Component pricing as described by the ACCC is when you present prices to your customers. That must be the total price of the good or service as a singular figure. This should include any tax, duty, fee, levy or other additional charges (e.g. GST or airport tax). Therefore, it is illegal to advertise prices without including GST. Section 48 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) outlines this requirement.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #19 of 754
that makes it mega confusing with the number order LMAO

Aug 6, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #22 of 754
When you say "does not apply" are you saying that the soundstage is not as large in Balanced Mode - or is the hybrid mode not available in Balanced Mode?
No. All modes are available in single ended and balanced. 4.4 is much more equal. But in 3.5mm the Hybrid mode stand out a bit from the other 2. Hybrid mode had a larger soundstage.

Aug 7, 2021 at 12:44 AM Post #25 of 754
It kind of reminds me of the AK380 paint/finishing from the photos, looks nice though

Aug 7, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #26 of 754
I wasn’t convinced by the SE180, but every time I turn my back on A&K they come back with a new development more enticing than the last... and always so, so expensive 🤑 A variety of DACs is quite futile as far as I’m concerned, but different amplification modes? Now you have ALL my interest.

I wonder how they managed to make the tube work with the balanced outputs, something Cayin hasn’t managed even in the N8. I am glad it’s a proper vacuum tube instead of a digital one.

Aug 7, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #27 of 754
I wasn’t convinced by the SE180, but every time I turn my back on A&K they come back with a new development more enticing than the last... and always so, so expensive 🤑 A variety of DACs is quite futile as far as I’m concerned, but different amplification modes? Now you have ALL my interest.

I wonder how they managed to make the tube work with the balanced outputs, something Cayin hasn’t managed even in the N8. I am glad it’s a proper vacuum tube instead of a digital one.
I agree. Es180 didn't appeal to me it was too thick over my se100 and the se200, so I bought the se200 the other day used and it should ship Monday to upgrade my se100. I'll then pass my se100 on to my mother. Really wish this had been out as I probably would had got this over the se200.

Aug 8, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #28 of 754
My friend in HK tried it and took a photo, he said it is not as big as the photo shows, similar size to se200 and it is not that heavy.
PHOTO-2021-08-08-02-53-29.jpg

Aug 8, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #30 of 754
Those in HK heard 2000T in the show said it sounds bad. Nothing related to 2000
A show really isn't a good place to audition anything and don't take those impressions with much credibility. I'll wait for the controlled impressions and reviews later.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back